PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have a special needs child enrolled at Aquinas School. My child has been enrolled at Aquinas School for several years now. She never experienced much of any success at her public school in Merrillville. She didn't have any friends, and hated school. It was a struggle to get her to go to school each day. Since enrolling at Aquinas School, our daughter has completely changed. She absolutely loves school, has friends, and is on the honor roll. The teachers at this wonderful school give it their all for each and every child. It is a school that delivers miracles. God bless Aquinas school !

This school was great for 5th grade, but when my son got to 6th he had so many problems. I asked before I enrolled him in the school if they followed the 504 plan. The principle said yes. He even modified it more, but couldn't get the teacher to follow it. She kept sending home referrals about homework, when the 504 stated that I can modify the homework. 7 students had this arrangement because they didn't do assignments in school. They graded homework and was issued the assignment for homework for every subject they covered that day. She stated that she had students that was going to have to repeat 6th grade, but mine wasn't one of them. I requested a IEP evaluation, but the guy never did one. When I pushed for it, I was asked to find my son another form of education in March. He was evaluated after he left by Merrillville school and immediately got a IEP. This school doesn't have the resources to help some kids that are struggling or haven't went there from kindergarten.

My family is very happy with Aquinas. This small school has become extended family for us. My first grader is not only learning but maturing as a member of a Christian community. The teachers and principal are very responsive to questions and concerns. The parents are concerned and active in the school activities, fundraising, and sports. The school is a throw-back to how school's used to be, focused on education and character. I highly recommend Aquinas school to families who care about their childs education and development as much as we all do.

This school is truly exceptional. When my daughter graduates at the end of the 2010-11 school year, she will be exceedingly well prepared for HS. God bless Mr. Schooler and his wonderful staff.

Aquinas Catholic school is the best. The best overall in the Merri;;ville District, worth every pennny.

Last modified Aquinas Catholic Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8