Posted December 09, 2013
People should know that Elston is a great middle school! The cultural focus with jazz band, show choir and a studio class is just a start for the exploration I wanted my child to experience. The administration is always available to speak to the parents-love love love Mrs. Fargo!-and my 8th grade child loves her counselor and her teachers.

Elston Middle School 3

Posted October 28, 2013
For a better understanding of the problems within our schools; let us all keep in mind that it all starts at Home.

Posted September 27, 2013
Our kids were suppose to transfer to Barker this year. They really wanted to stay at Elston so we let them. This is our 3rd year at Elston and as parents we are happy with the school too. Teachers are friendly and communicate often.

Posted September 19, 2013
Principal doesn't seem very professional to me. She seems to have her favorites on the staff, and if you're not one of her cronies, she writes you off. She doesn't return phone calls, and at times seems to be fake. The scores are not good, and the students are undisciplined.

Posted August 07, 2013
I love this school! The principal and teachers truly care about the students. My daughter loves her classes.

Posted January 20, 2013
This school is awful. Thay are concerned when its time for istep testing ,but if you could see some of these children report cards during the school year thay are failing and the school recently received F and than thay wonder why? The teachers are not willing to work with the parents or the child all thay do is point fingers as to way a child is failing. For kids to succeed there has to be a team effort on all three parts and that sadly this does not happen at this school.

Elston Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2010
The teachers and staff really care about the students and try to help them out not only in school but with life skills too. I am very happy with Elston Middle School and wouldn't want my child in any other school.

Posted April 29, 2010
I think that they need to be more strict when it comes to fights and suff like that you want to know what right school to put your child so they can get a good education. I think most parents would agree on that

Posted October 10, 2009

Posted May 28, 2009
this is a great school my children love it and i loved it when i went here

Elston Middle School
317 Detroit Street, Michigan City, IN  46360
(219) 873-2035
Last modified Elston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elston Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.