Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They place what they deem as children who perform low all in one class. It seems to me that they would place a mixture in each class to give students some aspiration

I am so very perplexed as to how in the world this school scored an 8! This school is by far one of the most biased schools in Indiana! They show a penchant to certain students while others fall by the wayside! The principal should really step down along with some of the teachers who clearly have worked beyond retirement. The PTA is run by a tyrant and a few choice minions! This school is WHACK!

I have substituted at this school a few times and I have to say the discipline is absolutely horrible. Students are rude and disrespectful, especially in second and fifth grades. One particular student in fifth grade even cursed out the principal. There is a great amount of bullying among the students and the teachers spend much of the day yelling at them. I'm also a parent and had thought of sending my five year old here for first grade, but after what I've seen, I'm changing my plans. The teachers do the best they can, but their hands are tied when it comes to discipline. The principal seems to dismiss many of the problems as "kids being kids" and having a poor home life. It's too bad that things have gotten so far out of hand.

Our school takes challenges head on! We care about our students and their families, and we expect all students to meet high standards. We have dedicated teachers, support staff, volunteers, and families that strive to make our school a fabulous place to learn and grow.

I have substituted at many schools in Michigan City and other areas. Unlike the non-magnet elementary schools, two of the elementary magnet schools (Pine and Lake Hills), lacked features that are necessities for every public school: efficient & effective administrative procedures for communication and student behavior. Also, these schools lack the organized Special Ed resources that I found at non-magnet schools. There were no noticeable behavioral plans for students with serious emotional difficulties. While carrying out sophisticated projects that met the school's specialty, many students with special needs were bouncing off the walls and it was unclear what referral procedures the administration expected. Magnet or not, the administration can't "reinvent the wheel" in terms of basic procedures for student needs. Are funds that should be used toward special-needs being channeled into the magnet specialty? I observed excellent dedication among Pine's teachers, who regularly have to meet ridiculous expectations in a disorganized environment. No teacher can meet all mandated expectations in most Title I environments. They have to learn the ropes and pick their battles.

My school has amazing, dedicated teachers and staff. We are a STEM school, committed to moving are kids forward in this ever changing world.

This is a top notch school. The teachers are wonderful, caring individuals. I have never met a more passionate group of educators. The students & parents of this school I have spoken to all say the same thing. This city is lucky to have this school and the folks that are a part of it.

Lake Hills STEM Magnet school is an excellent school that reaches many children in our community. Our school has an integrate STEM curriculum. The students here at Lake Hills are learning 21st century skills that will help them succeed in the future. They are reading about specific science concepts, writing about science concepts and doing hands on activities that create real life connections to their academics. We not only offer students a meaningful academic experience during the day but our school also has Science clubs after school and lunch and learns for students during their lunch.

We consider ourselves very Lucky to have our child attend Lake Hills. Being a S.T.E.M. school, I feel like it offers a different learning experience that enhances education development. The school also has the support of Lubeznik Center of the arts and Purdue University which offer after school programs to the students for FREE. As a parent I can say I Love Lake Hills Elementary for the opportunities they have given to our child.

This is a great school. The staff is attentive and caring and the principal is very experienced and loves kids. My child loves the school!

Last modified Lake Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.