Posted February 06, 2014
I have two children that attend Springfield. We moved from Illinois a year ago. It is so nice to have my kids in a school where all the teachers and staff are so involved. You walk in the door and everyone knows who you are and wich children belong to you. My oldest is in third grade and the dedication from the third grade teachers to prepare her for the Iread test is absolutely amazing. The teachers care so much for the kids and it shows. My girls have really excelled since starting at Springfield. They have so many programs and events to get parents involved with their kids education. I appreciate all the hard work and dedication from all the staff at Springfield.

Posted February 06, 2014
My have three children that attend this wonderful school. In over 20 years of dealing with observing schools with all 6 of our children, we have never come across a better Principal. Mrs. Emshwiller demonstrates high levels of excitement, preparedness, and most important leadership qualities that make her an excellent Principal. Her constant updating of current events and communication with parents are the best we have ever come across over the years. My wife was an elementary teacher for many years so we know what to look for as far as academics go. We were pressured by surrounding neighbors to send our kids to a local Catholic school but we chose Springfield and we are so glad we did! Our sons teacher Mrs. Tuesburg is the best teacher we have come across in all our years as well. Our son has flourished under her guidance. Our other two daughters teachers Mrs. Frump and Mrs. Wise are both excellent teachers as well. The teachers and faculty look after our children like they are one of theirs, it's that type of togetherness that makes you feel great that when you drop your child at Springfield, they are being properly taken care of with the utmost genuine care.

Posted January 15, 2014
It is an honor for me to teach at Springfield Elementary School. The staff is comprised of dedicated individuals who work diligently to provide a stellar education for all of our students. If you are in search of finding a new school for your child to attend, Springfield is the best choice in more ways than one!

Posted January 15, 2014
I couldn't be more proud of the dedicated, caring, hard-working staff here at Springfield Elementary School. Everyone here, from the principal to the kitchen staff, strives to make a positive difference in the lives of our students. We provide a rigorous, engaging academic experience for our students.

Posted January 14, 2014
I have a second grader and a kindergartener that attend Springfield Elementary, and couldn't be happier with the education they receive! My children come home happy everyday, eager to share the amazing things they have learned in school. The staff is caring, hard-working, and dedicated to giving the students a great education. I am so thankful to all the wonderful people out at Springfield who make it such a welcoming environment!

Posted January 13, 2014
My child attends Springfield as a kindergartner. His teacher, and the rest of the staff are absolutely wonderful! He is really soaring in his academics, loves going to school everyday, and is getting to know a great group of diverse children. The parent organization is fantastic and loves to get parents involved. Everyone from the custodian to the principal are very friendly and loving people! I am so glad he gets to go to such an amazing school.

Posted January 13, 2014
The staff at this school is top notch and highly dedicated to the success of the students. I am thankful to work at a school so committed to excellence.

Posted January 13, 2014
This is my son's 4th year at Springfield elementary and every year has been a great one. All of his teachers have been friendly and kind and helpful. The principal and other staff members are equally friendly. We also enjoy the after school program, safe harbor. Springfield elementary is a true gem of a school.

Posted January 13, 2014
The students and staff at Springfield are amazing! The staff and students work hard each and every day! Students are taught to be life long learners and positive members of their community. I would recommend this school to any family looking for a great education!

Posted September 04, 2009
The kids come home everyday and they seem to have a great time, and learn a lot.

Springfield Elementary School
3054 West 800 North, Michigan City, IN  46360
Last modified Springfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top