Michigan City, IN

Posted August 19, 2015
A joke is being kind to describe this sad excuse for a school. No leadership . The principal doesn't have a license and the teachers who are left are bizarre and ineffective.

Posted August 19, 2015
I thank god everyday my child no longer goes to this school. It needs to be closed down. There is a lot of dishonesty , odd behavior , a chaotic and unstable environment (my child's teacher screamed all the time and would cry in class ) , blatant disrespect towards parents even yelling at them and one nice yelling match in the hallway . Lies and denial told when parents confronted a certain teacher when questioned about things said to our children , then when questioned further admitting yes these things were said but the children misunderstood what was meant. Thirteen students left my child's class this year .

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 27, 2015
Can't believe that they just let three of the best teachers go for no reason at all. I have heard that the principal has no administrative experience yet made this decision. I just was recently told that there would be no Pre-K after I had already signed up for the year! The teacher I met at round up was amazing and so was the Kindergarten teacher. Their program seemed awesome! That school will lose a lot more than just the new Pre-K children. I don't think the good Lord will approve of this!

Posted June 27, 2015
This school is a joke along with the administrators. The principal does not have a license. She cannot effectively lead a school. The third grade teacher is constantly screaming at the students, crying, or both. My child spent too many hours on homework every night! Notes sent home from the office had misspellings quite frequently. We will not be returning after this wasted school year.

Posted June 19, 2015
This is such an amazing school. My son was just lost before he came here. His third grade teacher has more compassion and more empathy than anyone I've ever known. She has helped my child reach for the sky and help him believe he can do it. I'm so thankful we made this choice!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 19, 2015
This school has been through a lot, however I think the direction is focused on helping kids and help them not only academically, but spiritually and emotionally. The third grade teacher has helped this place exponentially. Her willingness to go above and beyond day after day shows the integrity and honesty of this place. We are blessed to have her a part of this school. I wish more teachers cared as much as she does.

Posted September 17, 2014
Great teaching staff who provide a safe, fun and challenging learning environment. Every morning the principal greets every student by name as they enter the building. Perfect family environment.

Posted October 07, 2013
I love my son third grade teacher...Not only do I love her.. my son does as well. She is so creative with her teaching style and she pulls the best out of each and everyone of her students. As a parent it is important for me to be able to communicate with his teachers. She does that very well with email,texts,and plenty of paperwork. My child is excited about school and learning. I could not have made a better choice.

St Paul Lutheran School 4

Posted March 06, 2009
My son goes to St. Paul and I could not be happier that he does. The public schools in this city SCARE ME!! St. Paul's is truly a family environment, with exceptional parental and staff communication and involvment. Mr. Boone is an AMAZING leader and the school staff is GREAT!!

Posted January 06, 2005
I can not praise SPL enough. I am more than proud to say that I attended this fine academic institution. The education I received well prepared me not only for high school studies, but also for challenges faced in life. The family like atmosphere creates a wonderful envirnoment for students to learn at their best potential. Teachers honestly want their students to do well and care about their well being. I missed St. Paul when I graduated and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Five stars for the best K-8 education in Michigan City!

818 Franklin Street, Michigan City, IN  46360
Last modified St Paul Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Paul Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top