Posted March 25, 2014
Northridge has a drug problem just like any other school. But due to a wealthy area it is kept out of the news. They also waist to much money on arts and entertainment they should be teaching basic living courses. We had three sons graduate from NHS in the past and the waist of books and materials was shameful. Several workbooks they did not even use still new at the end of year what a waist of parents money on book rental.

Posted February 25, 2014
My children attend Northridge High School and have been in the school district for 13 years. Academically, the children are challenged with a variety of material. They offer many different diploma paths. However, they (school officials) are selective in who they help and how available they are. They greatly favor the more affluent portion of the student population. We have 2 NHS graduates and a couple that are close to graduation, in all that time the children and I can only count a handful of exceptional educators. Most fall woefully below that description. Even though my children are almost through with high school, we have decided that it is in our best interest to move away from the school system. In short, less privileged people (socioeconomically speaking) and people with diverse cultural backgrounds may want to reconsider attending. If my kids were of a different ethnicity in this area I would homeschool or send them to Goshen or Elkhart! Parent involvement is not a good thing when small minded people are chosen for positions of influence over the minds of young people!

Posted October 16, 2012
I come from an out of state district with much expectation of this school district. The community is a great place to live and raise children. It appears the school rides that momentum but does not follow its lead. The school lacks in good quality educational focus. Has more of a focus on extra-curricular activities. My experience so far is a total disappointment. One needs to research this district well before sending your children to the school. Good thing for Indiana is the open enrollment system with the voucher system on the horizon.

Northridge High School 3

Posted August 31, 2012
Northridge is a great place if you are a white athlete. Not welcoming at all to newcomers or those of other cultures/races. The kids seem scared of anyone not white and will just simply ignore them. It's sad that in 2012 Middlebury is still so backward.

Northridge High School 1

Posted April 15, 2012
This school is full of potheads and I believe going far down hill after my brother in law graduated. The students are becoming meaner and the teachers play alot of favorites. The principals take interest in picking out people and not disaplining everyone the same.

Northridge High School 3

Posted August 09, 2011
the reason I'm only giving 3 stars is because many of the teachers play favorites and even some of the principals and this is coming from a student. and I've only met one teacher that genuinely cares about the students. the classes on the other hand are vast such as a jewelry class where you actually make jewelry out of metals. it was my favorite class. and they also have Career Center which is an off campus class. overall it's an average school and it could be better.

Posted September 23, 2009

Northridge High School 1

Posted August 12, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009
Northridge is by far the best school in Northern Indiana, IMHO. My children have attended both Northridge HS in Middlebury and Carroll HS in Ft. Wayne. Both are wonderful, but the parent involvement and the dedication of the teaching staff at Northridge far surpass anything I've ever experienced. The student body is also exceptional, as a mother with two sons I couldn't ask for a better school. Everyone from office support staff to the student body deserve to be applauded for making Northridge the outstanding school that it is. Bravo.

Posted August 12, 2005
Northridge is a great school, it is a the main reason I live here. The teachers are wonderful and the school pride is great. The students seem to be relaxed and easy going in a good way.I feel that my children are safe here.

Northridge High School
56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, IN  46540
Last modified Northridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.