Middletown, IN

Shenandoah High School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
Your everyday, typical, small, rural school... shs is full of friendly people, but the options for activities and classes is very limited, especially with staff and budget cuts

Posted December 13, 2013
I am a parent to several children who have and are still passing through the SHS system. I feel the school, as a whole, has made great strides academically and continue to find ways to focus on our children as individuals. Every school, big or small, has an array of good, better and best staff. I feel we definitely have some of the best all around staff in the state. Yes, we are sheltered. It's a small community. But there is too much mass media too fast for our children to not be exposed to diversity. Do we have room for improvement? Of Course! We all do. I believe in our school system and will stand by it versus a larger, impersonal system. P.s. My daughter is not playing a sport and she is treated just as well as one that is. Our attitudes as parents directly effect our children's attitude. The most important thing I respect about Shenandoah School System is it is always evolving academically.

Posted November 28, 2010
I came tothis school district mid year last year. My son has had an excellent experience here. He loves the smaller atmosphere and says that while his classes are harder than they were in Indianapolis, the smaller class size and respect the students show makes learning much easier. He is definitely not an athelete but joined FFA right away and found his niche there. Shenandoah has really been excellent for him and helped him come out of the shell that the larger schools he previously had forced him to build to protect himself.

Shenandoah High School 5

Posted September 20, 2010
I don't agree about the athletes not being ready for the outside world. In order to compete, they must have passing greades, and MUST learn teamwork, and study plays the coaches use in games. We had two daughters and a grandaughter graduate from Shenandoah, and a grandson that's a Senior this year. All made/ make good grades, went or are going to college, and are well rounded hard working kids. I see nothing wrong with not playing sports, but I don't agree with critisizing the student who does.

Shenandoah High School

Posted February 25, 2009
I agree, i have had 3 daughters that have attended this school,one is still there and she feels like an outcast because all the school is inerested in is sports. The students need to be taught the right things,life is not about sports,when these kids get out in the real world most will not know what to do,because they were not taught anything about the real world,they were taught sport are more important!

Shenandoah High School 3

Posted October 26, 2008
I also attend this school. Though I enjoy the small school atmopsphere, I think that the majority of students are in for a VERY rude awakening when the reach 'the real world'. We are all very sheltered. Maybe that is a good thing, you decide. Being a senior who works with a diverse group of people from other places, i am just now beginning to see just how sheltered i really am. **I agree completely with the other two people who disagree with the athletic department. I believe that the emphasis on sports is RIDICULOUS! Give the hardworking academics, dramatics and others some credit. Bowling IS a sport! That is all.

Shenandoah High School 5

Posted August 10, 2008
I would like to say that you have a very excellent coach in coach todd. He was the best coach that I ever had,I miss him every time I came home to visit he could not be found.your friend Donnie Barnes origanally from cambridge city,Indiana

Posted November 04, 2005
I attend this school. I really enjoy going to a small school, but I don't like the fact that athletics is pushed over extracurricular invovlement. The girl's basketball team and the football team seems to be all that our administrators care about. The teachers need to be more invovled with their students and what is going on at school. There are too many teachers that don't care.

Shenandoah High School 1

Posted October 24, 2004
I think this school needs more support for students not in extracurricular activities. This school treats athleats better than then other students that do not participate in sports. All in all this school needs to wise up, get a better education for our kids, and learn to accept everyone for who they are.

Shenandoah High School
7354 U.S. 36, Middletown, IN  47356
Last modified Shenandoah High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shenandoah High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top