Posted November 06, 2010
MHS has low test scores, low graduation %, high suspension & expulsion rates, in school violence, a lot of drug activity and is currently on the DOE watch list for lack of improvement.

Mishawaka High School 5

Posted February 03, 2010
MHS is a wonderful school! As an alumni and currently having 2 students there, I could not ask for better teachers, councelors, coaches, administrative staff or student body. The community is so involved with MHS that it teaches our kids that being a part of the community is important. Parents and staff take pride in all aspects of the school; not only the sports programs (and yes, my child is an athlete...). The special education program is WONDERFUL and has helped my oldest make excellent strides all the while struggling with a leaning disabiltiy. Such strides that she made it into the National Honor Society - I give credit to all at MHS for my kids success thus far! Keep up the great work & know you are appreciated!

Posted September 16, 2009
My son had a wonderful experience at Mishawaka High School and is now attending Ball State University. MHS has a small town attitude and they made everything very accessible for both my son and us as parents. The community has more pride in our H.S. then I have ever seen in other schools through out my life. Once you attend or are a parent of a student of MHS you are somehow linked to the the school forever. The fan base for all of the sports at MHS includes the entire community not just the students and parents and its really a wonderful thing to be a part of. I think my son will remember MHS with pride and fond memories.

Posted April 27, 2009
I am not real happy with the school. Very poor communication, and very low test scores. Mishawaka HS scores low on testing (ISTEP) year after year. And the graduation rate is appalling. I had two children graduate from Mishawaka, and one from Penn High, the later is a much better place for our most valued resource, our kids!

Posted April 14, 2009

Posted December 08, 2008

Posted March 13, 2008
As an alumni of Mishawaka High School and a parent of two children who went through, I will say that there is none better. I was well-prepared for college as were my children. The courses were and are tough, but school curriculum shouldn't be watered-down and easy. Unfortunately too many parents whine when their child has homework instead of teaching a child to prioritize. Mishawaka historically and academically is one of the best in the area, bar none.

Mishawaka High School 2

Posted October 04, 2007
The school isn't great. There aren't enough rooms for the number of teachers. The hallways are packed. There aren't really enough seats at lunch. There is a lack of healthy food. There is a courtyard that no one can use. All of the teachers assign so much work and expect so much out of you that it's like they forget that you have other classes. It does have AP and ACP courses. The engineering and culinary programs are pretty good. It seems like they give the cool teachers to the smart kids and the uncool, crappy teachers to everyone else. All of this coming from a straight-A Junior at the school.

Mishawaka High School 3

Posted April 12, 2007
The school is pretty good. There aren't enough rooms for teachers. Also, seating at lunch is wierd. We have the cafeteria and a smaller area called the commons. There you can only get pizza, pizza puffs, pretzels, hot dogs, ice cream, and the vending machines as opposed to the cafeteria which has pizza, salads, chicken sandwiches, subs, etc. The seating in the commons is horrible. If you don't get there fast enough, you end up sitting against a pillar, or on the carpet steps surrounding the sunken level of the commons. We do okay in sports. Us Cavemen are best known for our wrestlers. The class sizes are good and the block scheduling is awesome. The honors classes are good and the industrial, tech, and culinary programs are pretty good.

Mishawaka High School 4

Posted April 29, 2006
I'm a freshman at the high school and I think it is a pretty good school overall. I don't think principal leadership is that well though. We know our assistant principals and such, but the principal principal is non-exsistant...I've only seen him two times this year and the year is almost over. I love the extracurricular activities...But you always see the same faces one the teams when there are many other people that would love to join the team...It's always been favoritism...But oh well...

Mishawaka High School
1202 Lincolnway East, Mishawaka, IN  46544
Last modified Mishawaka High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mishawaka High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.