Bad
Good

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
Elm road doesn't have integrity or fairness in students or families as they rather not do their job
Posted May 14, 2016

Hello I am a parent of 2 children who attended elm road school. I really cared for and enjoyed both of my children's teachers, I thought they were great. However the main office workers were just terribly rude and most of the time I could never get a straight answer from anyone in that office. They were very belittling in every way, every time I would call (which wasn't that often but still). Again the teachers were amazing, it is ashame that they do not equip their office staff with friendlier and more compassionate people.

I find the teachers are creative and attentive. They really get to know who their students are and how they learn. Many teachers have provided supplies to the children and paid for them out of their own pocket. I am thrilled that my children are in a school that provides them with such a wonderful environment. I especially find the 1st grade teachers to be excellent and dedicated to what they do.

My children have both been attending Elm Road since kindergarden. I adore the teachers. However, I have a serious problem with the principal. She doesnt seem to share the vision of "synergy" that the rest of the staff have shared. I have made attempts to include her in some of the issues we have had stuggling financially (like most people these days) and it seems like it made things worse, that I shared such personal information about our home struggle. I have been left feeling as if we are on some sort of "dont both list". My family and I have been very active in the education of my son and daughter and we have even in the past had to "attend" while they were in school. It breaks my heart to write this review, because we all had such high expectations of our experience here, and I feel as if from the moment we regestered until now that we were harrassed because we dont belong. Its a nice school. Its just not very welcoming if you dont have the means.

I agree about the office staff. I have had several communication problems in getting messages to the right people. I adore the school, the teachers, location and the other families,but the office staff can leave you feeling like you have been chastised for calling in and asking questions.

I do not particularly like Elm Road the office staff needs an attitude adjustment.....they are rude and snotty. And the discipline is horrible.

I have three children who transferred into Elm Road School from a school in Stafford Virginia. We were very happy with the Stafford school system and wary of the transfer. I am happy to say Elm Road has made our children feel very welcome. Never had a problem with the office staff answering a question or putting me through to the teacher for answers. Two of my children also have IEP's and I felt the staff was very confident when we had our move-in meeting. I would recommend Elm Road to anyone.

My daughter attends Elm Road and loves it. We feel the environment is so so. The discipline is spotty and the office staff is completely rude. I have never felt well served by anyone in their office. The principle does share time with another school. The system is going to close and consolidate two school over the next year to two years. I would be sure that if you are going to send your child to Elm Road that you have the time to be PTA involved and that you are active in your child's classroom.

My older son attended Elm Road and hated it. He has an IEP and never once during an IEP meeting was a positive thing said about my son. However, he is at Grissom now, and they mix both positive as well as negative with the review. My younger son is now in kindergarten at Elm Road and it is nothing but negative reports from the kindergarten teacher on a weekly basis. Also, the office staff can be rude at times and if you call to ask something, they act as if they re being put out by it. Also, there is only one principal between 2 schools (Elm and Madison). For the amount of taxes I pay per year to the school, I would think they could afford one principal per school. Also, they bring in full size bus to pick up one handicapped student each. Waste of money.

Supportive and caring teachers. Not just doing their job but loving it!

Last modified Elm Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.