Mishawaka, IN

Posted December 26, 2013
I love this school. My istep scored have never been so high. I'm in the accelerated classes for language arts and math. I'm currently in 7th grade. Most of the teachers are sooo nice and wonderful. My fav is Mrs.Adamo (social studies is amazballs!), Mrs.Martin, and Mrs.Gouker. I have excelled so much at this school that it just blows my mind. I get very challenged at this school sense I am in the accelerated classes. Being challenged is good cuz if ur not then your not really learning anything. If ur going to sixth grade i hope you get Mr. Simpson and Mr. Burns(best teachers ever)

Posted September 19, 2011
In actuality, this school exists in the middle of a cornfield - not a ghetto. If its students are 90% low income (an accusation I doubt), they bring in enough fundraising money to provide free uniforms including top-rated football helmets for its football players (unlike Discovery located in the same district). We live in the Mishawaka school district and chose Grissom in the Penn school district instead. The teachers are friendly and care about the students. Parents can check online to see if their children have homework, what their test scores were, and what afterschool activities are happening. Parents are also given teacher's contact information. The school offers regular sports, intermural activities and sports, and various academic bowl opportunities. My son was concerned before attending that the other students would not accept him and would make fun of him because he was homeschooled for most of his life. He not only made friends quickly, but the coach kept me updated on how he was fitting in with others. He loves going here.

Virgil I Grissom Middle School 2

Posted February 10, 2011
This school is the ghetto! 90% of the kids are low-income, trashy, don't care about anything. Serves mostly Village Green (a trashy trailer park), the ghetto of Mishawaka, and the ghetto of Osceola. Would much rather go to Schmucker or Discovery!

Virgil I Grissom Middle School 4

Posted March 09, 2010
In the sixth grade. All teachers are funny, rules are decent. I love it here!

Posted November 01, 2008
I am a seventh grader that goes to Grissom. I love the school and all the rules are really fair. I think the FACS class is the best and Mrs. Johnson, Mr. Larson, Ms. George, Mrs. Zdziebko, Mrs. McBride, Mrs. Adamo, Ms. Stafford, Mr. Russell, and Coach L are the best teachers in the whole world! I love them all. This school is the greatest and no matter what the Guardsmen are the greatest and best!

Posted September 04, 2008

Virgil I Grissom Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2007
My 7th grader is an A student. I'm a single working mother and I trust the teachers to help me keep him motivated and learning. Good work! Middle income kids, not spoiled, work for what they get. Great teachers and great principal!

Posted March 23, 2006
- a former student

Virgil I Grissom Middle School
13881 Kern Road, Mishawaka, IN  46544
Last modified Virgil I Grissom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virgil I Grissom Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top