Bad
Good

Walt Disney Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2015
My daughter has attended Disney since 1st Grade. We absolutely love the staff! She has thrived from the beginning of her attendance there. I would recommend Disney.

Walt Disney Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2013
My son has attended Walt Disney for the past two school years and with both of his teachers i felt as though they wanted me to medicate my child because he won't sit like a toy solider through out the school day. He is not a problematic child and he has satisfactory or above grades. He is social and gets distracted like any other 8 year old boy. I'm just so frustrated at seeing notes aout how he was distracted, talkative or off task during the school day. He didn't have these types of issues when he attended SBCS or when he went to the YMCA over summer break or at The Boy's & Girls club this past winter and spring breaks. On the contrary the teachers and staff complimented him on how helpful, polite and friendly he was. I've met with his teacher and she says he's a good student, he just gets distracted easily. She has no recommendations on how to help him from being so distracted (if there are any). When i asked if she thinks he needs to see a doctor she shrugged her shoulders and said yes without actually saying yes. His doctor says he has NO signs of being ADD or ADHS.

Walt Disney Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
My family's experience with this school has been very frustrating. My nephew has a learning disability which the school not only will not accomodate, but also repeatedly has suggested should be treated soley with medication. My nephew has seen a mental health professional, who does not feel medication is the solution. The school would rather he sleep through classes than have to spend time giving him individual attention. To me this is unacceptable. I understand teachers have to teach for the median because resources are slim and schools are under funded, but it is unfair that the children at either end of the spectrum are being left behind. Bright students are not challenged and those with learning difficulties are left to flounder and the school refuses to even set up a meeting time with my family to discuss a satisfactory course of action. It is sad that we can no longer rely on public education to prepare our children for a successful future.

Posted July 20, 2010
My child just finished his first year at Walt Disney and had a fabulous experience. We loved his teachers and the academic experiences he had this year. Mrs. Greve was an amazing kindergarten teacher. She has a hear of gold and made all students feel special/valued. We are greatful to the entire staff for their compassion towards students and their positive influencees.

Posted March 09, 2007
This is my second child's elementary school. My child is in Kindergarten so this is our first experience with Disney. We are happy with the K teachers and the staff. My child is extremely sensitive and she has blossomed in Kim Grunawalt's class. The drop off and pick up is chaotic, and the school isn't foolproof, but it is still a great school and the happiness of the students is evidence of that.

Walt Disney Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2005
I think this school is very disorganized and unsafe. The pickup line and drop off line for car riders is very unsafe. The children have to cross in front and behind several lanes of cars. Parents zoom in and out of the pickup line. I question the safety of the children when in school. My husband could walk right into the school at 7:00 am thru the back door. The staff and teachers are rude and disrespectful to the students and their parents. And this is from watching and observiing the ongoings in the office and personal experience. This school only cares about their numbers and not the actual students and their individual needs. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE!

Posted March 15, 2004
I have had 3 children at Disney the last 10 years and they have provided excellent education and teachers. Music, Disney Dancers, and reading are emphasized. Teachers are very devoted and there is a close parent network.

Posted August 22, 2003
I currently have two students at Walt Disney and have had a wonderful experience with the staff and parents. There are several opportunities for parents to get involved and the staff has always been responsive to my concerns. There is always room for growth in any school but Walt Disney is doing a successful job of educating my children and I am very impressed with the growth they have experienced while attending.

Walt Disney Elementary School
4015 Filbert Road, Mishawaka, IN  46545
Last modified Walt Disney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.