Bad
Good

My daughter has attended Disney since 1st Grade. We absolutely love the staff! She has thrived from the beginning of her attendance there. I would recommend Disney.

My son has attended Walt Disney for the past two school years and with both of his teachers i felt as though they wanted me to medicate my child because he won't sit like a toy solider through out the school day. He is not a problematic child and he has satisfactory or above grades. He is social and gets distracted like any other 8 year old boy. I'm just so frustrated at seeing notes aout how he was distracted, talkative or off task during the school day. He didn't have these types of issues when he attended SBCS or when he went to the YMCA over summer break or at The Boy's & Girls club this past winter and spring breaks. On the contrary the teachers and staff complimented him on how helpful, polite and friendly he was. I've met with his teacher and she says he's a good student, he just gets distracted easily. She has no recommendations on how to help him from being so distracted (if there are any). When i asked if she thinks he needs to see a doctor she shrugged her shoulders and said yes without actually saying yes. His doctor says he has NO signs of being ADD or ADHS.

My family's experience with this school has been very frustrating. My nephew has a learning disability which the school not only will not accomodate, but also repeatedly has suggested should be treated soley with medication. My nephew has seen a mental health professional, who does not feel medication is the solution. The school would rather he sleep through classes than have to spend time giving him individual attention. To me this is unacceptable. I understand teachers have to teach for the median because resources are slim and schools are under funded, but it is unfair that the children at either end of the spectrum are being left behind. Bright students are not challenged and those with learning difficulties are left to flounder and the school refuses to even set up a meeting time with my family to discuss a satisfactory course of action. It is sad that we can no longer rely on public education to prepare our children for a successful future.

My child just finished his first year at Walt Disney and had a fabulous experience. We loved his teachers and the academic experiences he had this year. Mrs. Greve was an amazing kindergarten teacher. She has a hear of gold and made all students feel special/valued. We are greatful to the entire staff for their compassion towards students and their positive influencees.

This is my second child's elementary school. My child is in Kindergarten so this is our first experience with Disney. We are happy with the K teachers and the staff. My child is extremely sensitive and she has blossomed in Kim Grunawalt's class. The drop off and pick up is chaotic, and the school isn't foolproof, but it is still a great school and the happiness of the students is evidence of that.

Last modified Walt Disney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.