Posted June 30, 2014
I can not tell you enough how much we love this school! After touring so many schools (public, parochial and private) in the area, we were convinced that this was by far the best. We were not proven wrong. Our child has thrived in this setting and I am so pleased with the challenging curriculum, creativity and engaged teachers and staff. It was such a relief for us to find such an incredible school after moving here from out of state. Highly recommend it!

The Montessori Academy At Edison Lakes 1

Posted March 27, 2014
My child attended TMA for 3 years. This is what I know about the school. It is UNkid friendly - they try to make little adults starting at 3 years old. Imagination is strongly discouraged. There is NO communication between the teachers and parents. It was impossible to get the teachers to give me an update on the progress of my child. The children here who have parents who donate a ton of money to the school are strongly favored. My child has learned more from a traditional in 7 months than she has ever learned in the 3 years at Montessori.

Posted March 11, 2014
Our son is thriving! This is a wonderful, caring, loving school with loads of academics and helping children to make good decisions. Creativity and thoughtfulness is in every action and classroom! Couldn't be happier for our son to be there. Head of School runs a positive ship, loads of experience and an eye towards how the kids interact and learn. Maria Montessori would be proud!

Posted March 10, 2014
Our daughter has thrived at TMA, both socially and academically. The school fosters a community spirit and embraces each child's unique personality. She is valued and respected by the faculty, staff and fellow classmates. She has blossomed and embraces all the opportunities that a Montessori education offers. We could not be happier with our experience at TMA.

The Montessori Academy At Edison Lakes 1

Posted January 26, 2014
Do NOT send your child to this school. Bullying, favoritism, and total lack or control is the norm here. I approached the school two different times about bullying incidents and was told "Oh that just so and so it is not a problem." After a very brief time in this school our child began to suffer self-esteem issues, problems with homework, and a level of depression that was heart breaking as a parent. We approached the school and told them that we no longer felt comfortable with the school and this was not the right environment for our child. They said they would be sorry to see us go but we should remember we signed a contract and would have to pay for a semester even though our child could not attend. While is is extremely difficult to pay two school bills we can take comfort in the fact that our child is now excelling at another school and is at the top of the class in level of ability, and attitude. We did receive a follow-up note from Montessori telling us they always want what is best for our child and please remember to pay the bill.

Posted March 08, 2013
Best private school in the South Bend/Mishawaka/Granger area! Our 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter both truly enjoy going to school everyday. My initial concern when considering a Montessori school was it's lack of structure and lack of tangible grading, but The Montessori Academy actually does have a good deal of structure and testing to make sure each student is excelling (what their alumni have gone on to accomplish sold me on Montessori). The tuition is a little pricey, but I look at it as an investment in my children's future. I have seen that the teachers genuinely care for their students well-being and success both with my preschool daughter and my third grade son. The qualities I have seen focused on are leadership, self-confidence, diversity, compassion/service, teamwork, and conflict resolution. We evaluated several other top private schools in the area and are 100% satisfied that The Montessori Academy is the best choice for our children.

Posted October 24, 2012
Our girls have attended TMA since they were 3. The strength of the community within this school is amazing. I compare notes with other parents whose children attend different schools. The teacher involvement is personal and directed to touch the uniqueness of each child. Our chidren's academic and social skills have developed wonderfully here. We had a very sudden and unexpected tragedy in our lives and the school community and teachers were so supportive - beyond words, and consistently supportive. We have developed what are sure to be life long friendships at this wonderful institution.

Posted October 22, 2012
My son and two daughters have blossomed here. We have been part of the school for twelve years. We have stayed because we believe this method is the best way to learn. When students make mistakes, they get their work back to check it until they ve fully understood it. They work at their own pace, but there is a healthy structure, too. The teachers here have always made my children feel safe and secure. My extremely anxious child was never mocked for his struggles, never even teased. I recall the morning in fourth grade when he refused to get out of the car. After about ten minutes, his teacher (informed by a parent who saw the scene unfold in the carpool lane) appeared by our car, full of warmth and reassurance, and my son willingly took her hand and let her lead him to his classroom. My son is now thriving in eighth grade. He even led the opening school assembly in song with three of his classmates! He has scored at the 95th percentile across the board on the Terra Nova standardized test, plays sports at school, and volunteers at The Center for the Homeless with his class. We are grateful to have such a wonderful school for our children.

Posted October 22, 2012
Can't say enough wonderfult things about the Montessori Academy at Edison Lakes. We've graduated two of our kids from here, and they've gone on to have great academic success in high school. The teachers are amazing, the leadership is excellent, and the families are wonderful. It's a great school!

Posted October 19, 2012
A fantastic school that challenges students academically while appreciating their individuality. Both our kids (now 15 and 11) started in the toddler program so we have been at the school for more than a decade. The school was terrific preparation for the public high school our daughter now attends where she is excelling in an Honors program. TMA trained her to be well-organized, compassionate, and a critical thinker. She really benefited from TMAs sports and extra currics which made us all feel part of a real community. Our son is a quirkier kid--more of an introvert who thinks outside the box. TMA has been a wonderful program for him too. In a traditional school, I'm afraid his creativity and individuality would not have been allowed to flourish so completely. We are transplants who moved to the area from out of state. TMA was a welcoming community from the start and the school has been one of the main reasons we love it here.

Contact Information

530 East Day Road
Mishawaka, IN 46545

The Montessori Academy At Edison Lakes
530 East Day Road, Mishawaka, IN  46545
Last modified The Montessori Academy At Edison Lakes is a private school that serves grades PK-8
The Montessori Academy At Edison Lakes Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.