PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 07, 2016
My son attends the excellent Spanish immersion program at this school. He also has severe ADHD and a learning disability. Due to the love and support of every adult in the school, he passed or pass plus-ed the ISTEP despite having had almost all of his instruction in Spanish science pre-school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 07, 2016
Barb Hesselink is amazing. She loves every single child in her school. I have complete faith that under her all teachers and staff have my children's best interest at heart.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 07, 2016
Most likely due to my son's processing problems, but we spend about 2 hours a day in 4th grade.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 07, 2016
It offers challenges and give the students skills to meet the challenges, even if they have a learning exceptionality.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 07, 2016
My son has anxiety issues and when he gets frustrated he will tear up in class. The other children have NEVER made fun of him

Posted April 24, 2014
Covenant Christian has made all the difference for my 8 year old. This is her first year at the school and entered the third grade in August. My daughter's grown intellectually, spiritually and mostly in maturity and responsibility. She has been lead by a great teacher who influences and guides the children gently, but persuasively. My daughter enjoys school everyday. She loves being a "guide" to the younger children on the playground, but also enjoys the diversity of being guided by the older students as well. As a parent, I particularly like that the teacher, principal, staff all hold the children accountable. There is a great sense of community in their small school. Everyone watches out for each other. It has been a great experience so far and we will be enrolling our 4 year old into the pre-school program starting in the Fall of 2014.

Covenant Christian School 4

Posted July 25, 2012
I have 3 children at CCS and we are starting our fourth year here. The community is amazing. The faculty are caring and compassionate with emotional and educational issues that may crop up. Mrs. Foldesi is the most amazing teacher at that school, hands down. If you have a chance for your child to be in her classroom expect an amazing experience! She modifies curriculum and expectations based on students ability as to not overwhelm them but challenge them at the same time. She is an excellent teacher. The only reason I gave this 4/5 stars is because I have consistently been unimpressed with the communication at the 6-8 grade level. Even with the new EdModo program started in the 2011 school year, only one teacher consistently used it. Also, the school is small enough that if a child is habitually not turning in homework it shouldn't take much to write a note or email to notify a parent. I shouldn't have to wait until I see 0's on EdModo (for assignments I never knew existed because they weren't listed) or until report cards come out. Great school and I am so glad I found it! Would only wish the Jr. High communication was better with teachers contacting parents.

Posted April 26, 2011
I see among the other reviews one from two years ago where a parent offered the insight that the middle school grades, 6-8th, are so small they felt their pre-teens didn't have enough choices to do advanced work (if capable) or be involved in extracurriculars that they might at a larger school. Just let me say that area has been one we've worked on in these two years. Track & field and basketball (boys and girls) are now offered. The advanced work opportunities, for honors courses for example, is kind of an interesting thing. The level of work required of, and excelled at, by the entire class is such that their normal classes are the equivalent of "honors courses" at other schools. If kids require even more, why, I'd consider enrolling my middle schooler in a college level course!

Posted April 11, 2011
Our daughter is in the Spanish immersion program and is thriving. It is amazing to see her becoming bilingual. We wish the program was around when our son was in kindergarten.

Posted October 30, 2009
I have been a parent at Covenant for four years. My child has received an excellent education. When we get together with other children that are in the surrounding public schools I can see diffence that an education at Covenant makes. This is because of the excellent teachers and staff that care so much about the children on an individual level. They make sure each child is taught on their level and really care that the child understands the concept. I also appreciate the Christ centered education that is being received. It is wound into every subject and grade level.

54790 Fir Road, Mishawaka, IN  46545
Last modified Covenant Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.