Monrovia Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2014
The school can only be as good as its leadership and Monrovia Elementary lacks any leadership whatsoever. After the previous Principal left, lucky him, the district decided it was best to promote from within. The current Principal and Asst. Principal were both teachers at the school with no experience as administrators. They are both from the community and were hired through the "Good O Boy" system. The difference that I have seen from the previous to the current is lack of communication to the community, seems like there is no desire to get involved in the students daily activities, and only show interest if you are originally from the community. From what is going around, it seems that many of the teachers are looking for other teaching positions in other community and some are even fed up with what is happening that they are looking for new careers. The school doesn't do reg. classrooms instead they do clusters which every student has 3 different classes they go to throughout the day. They don't get the benefit of that relationship with their teacher cause they are constantly switching classes. If possible, choose a different school in the are like Eminence. Good Luck

Posted November 16, 2009
My daughter is in the 4th grade this year and absolutely loves it! We were fortunate enough to request Ms. Lynch as her teacher and it couldn't have worked out better. She has challenged our daughter on a daily basis but in a way that makes learning fun. Ms. Lynch truly has a gift and it shows through my daughter. The only thing I would change would be that she be my daughter's teacher until she graduates. As for the school, the administrators and other teachers seem to leave a positive impression on the children at the school. The school is a safe environment that promotes learning in both conventional and unique ways. I would recommend this school to anyone and if your child is in the 4th grade, try to request Ms. Lynch.

Posted July 09, 2009
I have two boys at the elementary school and my oldest has been going here for 5 years. I think the school is great, there are so many programs to join and the teachers are great. From the moment you walk in you are treated with respect. My boys love school. I have had some problems and I have addressed them to the teachers and they were handled right away. They communication is great between parents and teachers. The teachers are so nice they go above and beyond to make school fun and enjoyable for the kids. The principal and assistant principal are very hands on also. They are out to greet and get to know your children too, not just stuck behind a desk or to see when you are in trouble.

Posted April 08, 2009
I cannot even begin to say enough positive things about this school. I have two children in the school and I cannot imagine them going to a better place. I firmly believe that any organizations' success starts at the top and it certainly does here. The elementary principal and assistant principal are second to none! They constantly strive to make the school a better place and have an OUTSTANDING rapport with students and staff! I have seen numerous times when they have taken a volatile situation and calmly ended it in a positive fashion. They are in tune with every aspect of the school and work tirelessly to make new initiatives successful. I would not hesitate to give the highest recommendation to anyone considering Monrovia Elementary.

Posted August 11, 2008

Monrovia Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2008
We moved to the area this past year & have two kids that just finished their school year at Monrovia Elementary. Right off the bat, I could tell that the schools administration, especially the principal and asst. principal were completely oblivious to the daily operations of the school. It seemed that the teachers themselves were the ones that were in tune with the children but not the admin. I enrolled my daughters in 2nd and in 4th grades late last year. My youngest went into a typical classroom with no major/minors. But my oldest went into 4th grade and the teacher (I won't name names but she's young) she had was absolutely amazing! She made her feel welcome from the beginning & turned learning into something that my daughter enjoys now. The teachers are great but could be even better with a more competent office staff.

Monrovia Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2008

Posted November 30, 2007
We are new to this school district, with a fourth grader. We have been very happy with our child's transition to Monrovia. Her teacher and the teacher aids went out of their way to make her feel welcome. She loves to go to school everyday, and enjoys many after school activities. like drama club, student council, and garden club. We feel that our daughter fit right in at this school mainly because the teachers and students were extremely welcoming!! Moving can be very scary and hard on kids, but we have been so pleased with our daughter's new school. The school is also very new and has very modern facilities. Her classroom is so warm and inviting, it looks like a little home away from home. We would definately recommend this school to others.

Monrovia Elementary School 2

Posted November 27, 2007
Principal communication is unsatisfactory. Does not return phone or email messages. Kindergarten 1/2 day seems to run second rate to full day. Strong emphasis on fund raising and sports. High school and Elementary ride on same bus which is concerning.

Posted June 12, 2007
I was a Special Education teacher in another state. Education was a motivating factor for whatever town we chose to raise our kids in. The principal gave a tour of the facilities and introduced us to teachers. The teachers come in before school to work with struggling students. They will work with families and students having trouble with school whether it be behavioral or academic. In our old state many of the extra classes are out but we were pleased to see them here. The elementary kids have: computers, art, music, PE, and library. They also have after school clubs such as gardening, chess, drama, young astronauts, and others. I saw others review before the new school was built. It is wonderfully done. The school has numerous volunteers including myself. I had my children in private school until this past year and was not disappointed in Monrovia in the least!

Monrovia Elementary School
395 South Chestnut Street, Monrovia, IN  46157
Last modified Monrovia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monrovia Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.