Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted December 14, 2015
My family moved here last year & I was hesitant because it was a small school. I am so happy with this school. The parent/teacher communication is great. My children love going here. When I go to the school the office staff are so welcoming & friendly. I want to send a special thanks to Mrs. Kratzer she is a wonderful teacher that goes above & beyond.

Posted December 10, 2015
The school as a whole is the best!! Quality teacher and staff who care for our children!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
We have a lot of great teachers at our school but one teacher stands out above all to me and that is Mr. Chris Noel! I would like to say a personal thank you to Mr. Noel for his passion as a teacher!! He just has a personality about him that the students and parents alike are attracted too! He deeply cares for each and every one of "his" students!!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 09, 2015
I am.greatdul for the special education team. They all seem to have a genuine interest in my son and his academic, social and personal growth. I came to his initial conference and 5 people were there to greet me and help me to understand things that were happening. I WANTED TO SAY A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO MS. AUSTIN WHO TOOK OVER AN HOIR TO TRAIN ME HOW TO DO SENSORY ACTIVITIES WITH MY SON. GOD BLESS YOU!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
If you are doing other things a parent should do like practicing spelling words, have them read nightly and math fact practice, then the 1 page a night homework is great.

Monrovia Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2015
My son went to Monrovia last year for kindergarten.... Very disappointed with the school. They have a very high retention rate and after being told our son should be retained we chose to push him through to first grade. Instead of needing to retain so many children, especially at such a young age, maybe they should fix the problem which is clearly not coming from the students. They pay their teachers very low income so some of them are not the best. You get what you pay for I suppose. They aren't all bad by any means. I will say that already after getting my son's progress report for the first grading period for first grade it is very clear that Monrovia needs to figure some things out. He is no longer going there thankfully and is doing so good elsewhere! He is doing exceptionally well in school and there are no concerns for retention. There are no studies to prove that retention is beneficial. Monrovia has clusters where kids as young as 5-6 in kindergarten have three different teachers. One for reading, writing and math. Shuffled around all day.... This is way too much for a little one in mine as well as many other parents that send their kids there's opinions. Bottom line is Monrovia needs to realize they are the problem not all of these kids that they want to just hold back. I'd think long and hard before sending a child there.....

Monrovia Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2015
My daughter is in Kindergarten. These teachers do not keep you informed. When there are problems and you have a conference about it, they ask you what you are doing to diciplin them at home. They accuse children of stealing. And they don't bring issues to your attention until you start questioning them, then all of a sudden there are all of these problems that have been occuring. Things that parents should have been notified of when the problem started. Looking for a new school to send my child to next year. I'm just sorry that she's going to have to spend the next 2 months here. I'm ready to pull her out now.

Monrovia Elementary School 1

Posted October 14, 2014
AWFUL SCHOOL. Especially for kindergartners. Terrible teaching, terrible teachers and poor admin. I had to pull my son out after five weeks and find an entirely different school system. This school put my 5 y/o son in isolation for the latter half of the school day for "failure to comply". He is 5. I was horrified. They stated "we're following our handbook. It is in our handbook." His teacher is a wretched, unhappy, bitter young woman and it comes out in her teaching daily. Small town - admin and teachers are from the town and support each other regardless of right or wrong. Stay away.

Monrovia Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2014
The school can only be as good as its leadership and Monrovia Elementary lacks any leadership whatsoever. After the previous Principal left, lucky him, the district decided it was best to promote from within. The current Principal and Asst. Principal were both teachers at the school with no experience as administrators. They are both from the community and were hired through the "Good O Boy" system. The difference that I have seen from the previous to the current is lack of communication to the community, seems like there is no desire to get involved in the students daily activities, and only show interest if you are originally from the community. From what is going around, it seems that many of the teachers are looking for other teaching positions in other community and some are even fed up with what is happening that they are looking for new careers. The school doesn't do reg. classrooms instead they do clusters which every student has 3 different classes they go to throughout the day. They don't get the benefit of that relationship with their teacher cause they are constantly switching classes. If possible, choose a different school in the are like Eminence. Good Luck

Posted November 16, 2009
My daughter is in the 4th grade this year and absolutely loves it! We were fortunate enough to request Ms. Lynch as her teacher and it couldn't have worked out better. She has challenged our daughter on a daily basis but in a way that makes learning fun. Ms. Lynch truly has a gift and it shows through my daughter. The only thing I would change would be that she be my daughter's teacher until she graduates. As for the school, the administrators and other teachers seem to leave a positive impression on the children at the school. The school is a safe environment that promotes learning in both conventional and unique ways. I would recommend this school to anyone and if your child is in the 4th grade, try to request Ms. Lynch.

395 South Chestnut Street, Monrovia, IN  46157
Last modified Monrovia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.