Posted September 14, 2014
I love this school and the teacher are very nice and give the kids the attention they need and are willing to help the students at all times

Northwood Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2014
I wouldn't even rate this a 1 star school! The only reason why I put 2 star's in parents involvement is because I try so hard to be involved to just get pushed away! The staff you have to be in the "click" or forget it you or your child mean absolutely nothing! Good luck if your having problems or questions because a teacher will take weeks to get back with you. My sons teacher has yet got back with me over a conference its been I know of 3 months! Principal it took 2 months to just get a email. There communication skills are very poor. They have refused to tell me just what was going on with my son and went and done testing on him with out knowing ANYTHING about this test! Then he is in a after school program though the park and his teacher and principal had told the lady who watch's the kids to make my son set until I got there! You're talking 3 hours for a 6 year old in kindergarten! Needless to say that didn't happen. The staff had NO right to say that. My son is always sad when I pick him up it breaks my heart.

Posted March 09, 2014
Both of my children have attended Northwood Elementary. My son is now in high school and my daughter is currently enrolled there. I have found all of the teachers to be excellent. Both of my children have excelled due to the high expectations academically and socially. The teachers work very hard to provide a superb education and a loving environment. Students are taught to be productive members of society. Parents are given many opportunities to participate in the educational process. My husband and I have both volunteered in the school. Standards are high for those families who want to make the most of what is offered.

Posted May 14, 2013
All I can say it that appearances mean more than the students. When addressing or speaking with administrators, they are very fake. A Huge lack of communication, no one ever seems to know whats going on.

Posted January 02, 2013
I do not care for the way the children are dismissed , no one realy sees the younger children to their vehicles , the teachers visit with each other and give little to no attention to the children . The parking is horrible , all events I have attended are terribly crowded , the book fair was nearly impossible to move in the small space provided .After the programs the parents ect. are ask to put the chairs away which is very kaotic . I have heard derogitory comments made about the fact the children have attened others schools ( as if there we something wrong with the other school ) .

Posted May 09, 2012
Awesome school! Perhaps it is because my kids have come from a trully terrible school, but I love Northwood. I have two daughters going there, in first and fifth grade. My first grader is so far behind because of the school we came from, and her teacher is SO patient and helpful. She has learned so much from her in a short time. The same with my fifth grader; she was not as far behind, but her taecher is just as willing to go over things that she may not have had exposure to. The school is clean, the staff is beyond nice, and I am quite satisfied with the education my kids are getting.

Posted April 30, 2012
I transferred my child from another school in Fort Wayne because the staff is caring, and the opportunities for student involvement are plenty. My child has excelled at this school because it encourages respectful behavior from all students and adults alike. The kids feel secure and know they are well cared for. As my child said, "The main difference between here and other schools is that the teachers really seem to enjoy teaching and care for the students." Out of the mouths of babes!

Posted July 27, 2009
I've had multiple problems with this school in the last 3 years! Teachers that don't know the 1st thing about teaching. 'clicky' staff that you need to be 'in the circle with' in order for your child to receive the attention and grades they deserve. Unfare rules regarding lunch time talking...they are kids for heaven sakes. Keeping teachers with multiple complaints on them whom sets my child back a whole year b/c she learned nothing with this teacher...and I've heard this from so many parents!! This year my daughter has a teacher that acts as if she doesn't even like children! Ugh!

Posted September 08, 2007

Northwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2007
In general this school is awful. There are only a few teachers that are wonderful. The rest of them are terrible teachers. I think that this school does nothing for the children especially making them feel they can succeed. They belittle children and make them feel inadequate. I think children should feel safe and loved while at school. If that is in place they will be more willing and eager to learn. I also think the principal over looks many things that go on.

Northwood Elementary School
630 North Indiana Street, Mooresville, IN  46158
Last modified Northwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.