Bad
Good

Morristown Jr-Sr High School 4

Posted August 03, 2014
My boys will be starting school here tomorrow. Does anyone know about the school hours?

Posted May 09, 2013
This school is WONDERFUL! I've been a life-long resident of Morristown. I graduated from MHS. My kids have graduated from MHS. Now my granddaughter and my two grandsons attend MHS. Historically, speaking, this school has been at it's best over the last 6 years than it has before then. I'm not sure why but around 6 years ago we got a new principal. And then some of the "old" veteran teachers retired. He hired excellent replacements. The new teachers are great! The school has excelled with upgrades in the guidance department and athletic department as well. I brag on our school to anyone that will listen. My Waldron friends would like to shut me up! LOL I tell them to just move over here!

Morristown Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted September 30, 2011
The teachers are wonderful and the school has great basic education. However, I think the school counseling is myopic and doesn't stress the importance of the AP programs enough to get the students ready for college. Very limited extra-curricular activities are offered. The principal is insolent, arrogant, and patronizing to parents and their concerns.

Morristown Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted January 10, 2011
We would like to see Morristown Jr Sr High school continue to strive for academic excellence. As part of this we ask for transparency in achievement level testing especially as it relates to Core 40 requirements and proficiency as listed on the school website. In addition to this we would ask for an updated Guidance webpage with current school, college and career information available. The current guidance site has been "underconstruction" since 2009 and does not reflect " excellence in every endeavor" . Hats off for the pursuance of each instructor, student, principal and parent toward our goal of effective learning.

Posted May 11, 2010
I'm very pleased with this school. The staff and students are like family. It's a safe place for my kids to go to school and I know they are going to receive very good instruction from the teachers. My kids can join or belong to about anything they decide to be a member of and actively participate.

Morristown Jr-Sr High School

Posted May 10, 2010
Morristown High School needs to expand the AP program and have a more pro active guidance department with emphasis on 4 year universities and colleges less emphasis on Tech programs. I would like to see the school use an internet program like 'Blackboard' and have 100% of teachers make use of the program. Not having a list of tutors is unacceptable and should be rectified prior to next school year. Active participation in PSAT, SAT, ACT testing is a must and should be supported by the PTSA perhaps with a practice test session. All students should be encouraged to participate. Leadership needs to work toward surpassing current scores and producing students ready to work and achieve at post secondary institutions, We must be competitive with other schools so our students gain admission,

Posted May 05, 2010
I agree. This is a wonderful school. They have a strong math department and language arts department. People care about each other there the way family takes care of each other. Wonder kids! Wonderful staff! Wonderful town! Great place to raise kids! My daughter is not 'another brick in the wall.' She has made friends for life there.

Posted March 16, 2010
My kids have attended Morristown schools for many years. I graduated from MHS! We like it here. It is our second home. I always feel welcomed when I visit the school. I agree with the other parent comments. It is a good place to have you kids. We're happy. Some needed changes are being made that will only make the school better. Go YellowJackets!

Posted March 13, 2010
We moved to Morristown. I have a son enrolled in the high school. Best move we ever made! Now he is happy and successful. He has made new friends. Teachers are very good and caring. The principal and office staff are the best we have ever worked with. I tell my friends that they should move to Morristown too!

Posted March 10, 2010
Great Staff! Great Kids! ...and a supportive community. It is a very good place to raise your children. I have had nothing but good experiences with this school. The staff knows my kids and our family by name. Because of that, they know how to meet my children's needs.

Morristown Jr-Sr High School
Po Box 960, Morristown, IN  46161
Last modified Morristown Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.