Bad
Good

Opinions of others can make a great, positive impact on schools or they can have a negative impact on schools...people should think before they speak (or type) as they may be creating the problems themselves. Longfellow and it's staff are great...they care when others fail or children. Thanks for the memories!

My child has attended longfellow from k-3rd and a few weeks of 4th. The first few years was great due to it being ran wonderfully.The principal at that time was great,teachers were ok. This past year was however a big disappointment in how it was being ran. The classes were to full.There was no hslper in the class to assist the teacher and the teachers were really stressed. That stress affected the kids, i know it affected my daughter in a negative way. The construction wasn't a good thing to have going on with so many children like my daughter having asthma. The first part of the year was no air conditioning. There was way to much confusion there and noone seemed to know what was going on. The whole thing was a big disappointment.

Two of my four children attend longfellow. I've had numerous problems with communcation from Longfellow about the academic progress of my children. I've met with teachers and felt very much like they were saying whatever they thought I wanted to hear to get me out of the office. I found them very impersonal and uncaring about the progress of my children and I am seriously considering tranferring both of my children to another school at the end of the current year.

I personaly do not like Longfellow. I think the principal is rude and same way with the secretary. The teachers are very good though. I feel that Longfellow is not a safe place for a child not only because of the construction but among other things. Longfellow use to be a great school a few years ago. When they had a princapal that actually cared about the students and parents.

My daughter is in 5th grade this year. She has been a student at Longfellow since kindergarten. The thought has never crossed my mind to ever send her to another school. We think Longfellow Elementary is the best! We really think that all of the teachers and staff are great! I really enjoy volunteering and helping out with special programs, etc. You build a special kind of friendship with everyone you meet there. We are really going to miss everyone after this year. My daughter wants to be a elementary teacher and follow in the footsteps of all of her wonderful teachers she has had and not had here at Longfellow Elementary. And hopes to someday teach at Longfellow. We will definitely have to come back to visit!

My husband is in the military; therefore our family has to move around frequently, but my daughter was able to attend Longfellow Elementary for her kindergarten year. My children have attended 5 elementary schools across KY and IN and Longfellow by far is the very best! I loved the teachers and staff. The children at the school all seemed to get along so well and were very well mannered and respectful of others. I would recommend this school to anyone and am very upset that we had to relocate and my children could no longer attend this fantastic elementary school. (Mrs. Amy Johnson is a fabulous teacher!)

Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.