Posted January 03, 2014
I graduated in 2003. Got a great education and met my wife here. My home high school was terrible. Indiana Academy is the only reason why I a) have traveled extensively in Asia and the US and b) am currently in medical school. It's a shame that it costs money to attend now, but I'll give back once I pay off my student debt.

Posted December 18, 2013
I attended the academy and it was most definitely the best two years of my life. I was constantly challenged by the unique and interesting classes, and made to think in ways I had never thought possible before. Not only is it a great school academically, the experience of the Academy is the best you could ever offer your child. I formed the strongest friendships here, and became exposed to so much different culture and people from all walks of life. When you graduate the Academy, you not only graduate with an honors diploma, but also with a very open mind and a skill set you could not have developed anywhere else. The teachers and the students here are so unique because teaching or being a student is not just their 'job' it's their passion and their life. As a student, it was Ana amazing feeling being surrounded by other students who care so much about school and education.

Posted October 02, 2013
Indiana Academy is a unique experience that will challenge your student to excel. Most of all, it will teach lessons that prepare students for the rigors of college & the professional world. Already smart teens will be challenged to develop skills & competencies such as time management, initiative, flexibility, teamwork.

Posted September 29, 2013
Do you have an exceptional child who has a constant need to be pushed academically? Indiana Academy was the perfect place for my son to be pushed academically by taking classes like Discrete Math, Introduction to Engineering and Research Methods of Computer Science to prepare him for his dream of becoming a Computer Science Engineer. He is pushed by the teachers and his peers. This unique environment of high standard academics and highly motivated students make Indiana Academy an exceptional school. Best decision we made for our son's future!

Posted September 29, 2013
Indiana Academy of Science, Mathematics and Humanities is the best thing that could have happened for my son.

Posted September 27, 2013
The Indiana Academy is absolutely one of the best things that has ever come into my daughter's life. The staff is positively amazing - teachers are challenging yet encouraging, administrators caring and supportive, and the Student Life Counselors are fantastic. IASMH provides such a wonderful opportunity for intellectual and personal growth, and also provides a wide array of extracurricular and volunteer opportunities. Truly an outstanding experience!

Posted September 26, 2013
The Academy is the first school my child has felt at "home" it. It was and still is so hard to send he,r but I have never seen her so happy or so engaged. I wish I could be a highschool student all over again and attend myself.

Posted September 26, 2013
Growing up as a GT student, I likely would have failed out of college if it hadn't been for the study skills and self-discipline I learned while attending IASMH. The ability to learn beyond the classroom by being completely immersed in the environment as a residential student also contributed greatly to my future success. Teachers there are passionate about teaching, and do their best to encourage that above and beyond any of the requisite standardized testing. Students were taught how to *learn* and how to keep a voracious appetite for learning, instead of rote information regurgitation. While the school and environment truly aren't for every student (several of my classmates ended up returning to their home high schools), I would encourage all parents of middle-school-aged children to start the research process with their kids to determine if the Academy could be the right fit for them.

Posted September 26, 2013
Without the Academy, I would never have gone as far in my education as I have. The faculty are stellar, creative in their lessons, and encourage critical engagement- particularly in the humanities. It is academically challenging, if you let it be, and you will be friends with the students there for life. Some of the best education Indiana has to offer!

Posted September 26, 2013
Attending IASMH was probably the most difficult decision I've ever made. It was my first life choice, and I thank my parents for letting it be my choice and mine alone. That said, it is the best decision I could have made for my education and my own personal growth. I learned about myself: I learned what was truly important in my life, my boundaries, and the extent of my ambition. I learned to appreciate the beauty of diversity: I made friends with people I might not have given a second look otherwise, and I learned the difference between tolerance and acceptance. I learned to be a contributing member in an amazing community. Today, I am leagues ahead of most of my class at Indiana University, and I will graduate a 5 year program in 4 years with two degrees (BS of Math and MS of Education)-a feat I could not accomplish without having attended the academy. If you are, or someone you know is given this opportunity, consider it or encourge him/her to. I promise you that the experience is well worth it! -SRG, Class of 2011

In Academy For Sci Math & Humanities
301 N Talley Ave, Muncie, IN  47306
Last modified In Academy For Sci Math & Humanities is a Public school that serves grades 11-12
In Academy For Sci Math & Humanities Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.