Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Munster is a small school with high ratings, but I can tell you that those ratings (thus test scores) are that way because of the student demographic more so than the education provided. This is a high & middle class town with a great deal of well educated, professional parents who value education and thus fill the schools with smart kids. I'm not impressed with the innovation (actually lack thereof) of the school and Crown Point and Valpo (close second) seem to be leading the way in the Region in that regard. With their 1:1 computer initiative, they should be doing more to personalize learning and allow students to learn differently, but they're not. I have experienced a few very poor teachers in the school, but some really wonderful ones as well. I think that the administration is so focused on money that they haven't the time to really think about how to improve learning for the students in the district and are lucky to be able to depend on high test scores without too much intervention on their parts.

The School Town of Munster is in debt. They owe millions of dollars which is not good at all. This is an Ok school, but Munster should be careful about big debts.

This is a great school with a lot of activities for many different students. The teachers are dedicated and the academic rigor is impressive. They offer many AP and dual credit courses.

horrible, administration sucks, only care about the smartest student, unwillness to listen to student about any problems, lets not forget their corrupt, use their money for unnecessary things. cafeteria is a fire hazard because of amount of student per lunch, even though they had 20 million dollars to build a new football field and Olympic size pool, overall the school system is not as good as you have probably been told.

I attended MHS from 1966 until 1969 when we moved to Florida. It was a great school with many opportunities! Unfortunately, I was a real jerk then with a bad attitude. A couple of times teachers approached me personally to try to help but my attitude got in the way. When I did buckle down and work I got a lot out of it and learned a lot!

Our family is originally from Korea and after completing the MDs at U of Chicago and getting a positions at Community Hospital and IUN, me and my wife decide Munster is our home. School is excellent! My son have no problem in school and academics is challenging and engaging. And large Asian population in school is great for network and support. Our family is accepted by school, community and we are happy! We were hesitated to live in Indiana because of fear of hate but nothing to us good thing! We see more Korean families moving in to take advantage of great schools for good price! We plan to stay for area for a long time. Thank for a nice prosperous town and school!

MHS provides an unmatched academic and extracurricular experience. The We the People team placed top 10 in the nation for 3 of the past 4 years. DECA competes internationally every year, and many students walk away with top 20 finalist medallions. The band and athletic teams are also top-ranked in the state. The student body is very diverse compared to other Indiana schools. There are many high-quality courses, and graduates have gone on to schools like Yale, Columbia, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, and UChicago.

Because they have EXCELLENT SCIENCE & BIOLOGY teachers!

My children have gotten excellent educations at MHS. The teachers are first-rate. They know their subjects well, set achievable guidelines up front, and are very caring, intelligent people. The AP and honors courses are rigorous and prepared my kids well for college. In some instances, the MHS course was more difficult than the college course! Parents tend to be quite involved with their students and school. The orchestra program seems to be on the weak side, weaker than band and choir- definitely weaker than other local programs.

Great school. We get an amazing education at MHS. I'm sure of that. Why? I know people all around the country in the same grade as me and, while they are in AP classes and I am only in honors, we still seem to use the same books. This means that out honors classes are of the same calibur as other's AP classes. We also have ecellent teachers. They manage to make classes fun as well as very informative. We also have a very wide variety of extracurricular activities to choose from ranging from sports teams such as basketball, football, soccer, swimming, and a state champion hockey team; to clubs based on personal beliefs and charity such as students against destructive decisions and project x; to our many academic teams such as science olympiad, JETS, speech, debate, and our DECA team which is one of the best internationally.

Last modified Munster High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.