Posted June 24, 2014
In response to previous comment. I did not say that Sopko was bad principal, I said extremely bad principal, my view has nothing to do with being a parent, I have been an academic person all my life, I have been in academic institutions from high schools to higher education, this man should not be working, and should not have been hired in an academic institution. He just does not belong to an academic institution, look at all the ratings, there are so many low rating of his school and I believe it is because of his bad performance.

Wilbur Wright Middle School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
To the previous parent, please say why you believe Mr Sopko is a 'bad' principal. You are leaving it very open ended. This is what the school system and state testing is trying to teach them in terms of writing. Don't make a blanket statement without stating a reason for the negative statement. I had a student go through 6-8 grade about 5 years ago and found it to be a great school. All the teachers were wonderful. There were even a few teachers I had back in the 80's that were still there and remembered me. I have a child that will be going to the school next year and do not expect problems, bad teachers or a bad principal. Sometimes it's a 'problem' child that gets in trouble not 'bad' principal/teacher and the parent doesn't want to admit their child does the wrong thing. ALL the schools in the Munster system are great. They hire great support staff, administration and teachers. I would never send my children to another school system.

Posted February 23, 2014
Extremely bad principal. A person like him has no place in education. He should have never been hired as a school principal.

Posted September 24, 2012
This school is an excellent school. It is also the point at which many students who are not familiar with the rigors of a Munster Education start their educational lives in the town after moving into, or most often paying tutition or sneaking into the school system. Many of these students were not prepared at their previous schools and tend to drag down some of the scores (and yes, some native to the system do as well, but not as much!). However, the scores are still among the highest in the area middle schools and the school receives many of the highest accolades from the state. While moving to an area with excellent schools can help your child greatly, it will not TEACH your child! Parents have to remain active in your children's education! Munster schools are great, but they are not magical! Your child WILL fall through the cracks if there is a lack of support from parents who think that moving to Munster automatically will make their child a better student. While there are other great school systems in the area, I would not have sent my child anywhere else!

Posted June 30, 2012
What a huge disappointment! The academics are substandard. My child easily attained all A's with little effort and very little homework. The athletics offered are a joke. Teams are not chosen by skill, but by social networks within the school. The programs used with the laptops are terrible!! Too much money was spent on the football field and aquatic center. Now the music programs may be cut? Would not recommend this school system any longer. Do your child a favor and stay away!!!!!

Wilbur Wright Middle School 2

Posted March 01, 2012
This school is not what I expected for academics. My child knee more amd dpoke better before transferring to WWMS. The principal is never available and the assistant principal is very bias. Also , the school is not consistent eith discpline. The school is quick to give out detentions for tardiness, but when a causion stole some items out of my child book bag...absolutely no actions were taken.

Posted January 03, 2012
Excellent, excellent, and excellent school! The academics are rigorous and what I would expect out of the Munster school system. I am not rich and my child received all the guidance and attention that she needed. The parents who complain about the lack of attention towards their children are usually those who don't show up to any conferences or transfer from other districts such as Hammond or Lake Central and expect their kids to gain knowledge solely from being in Munster. NEWSFLASH, it takes hard work! A good environment i a good thing, but not the only way to help achieve success. Overall, just a great school system!

Posted September 07, 2011
this is my school and it is definetely a 5 star worthy one :) I love it

Posted August 09, 2010
I like this school. It's really easy even on the honors track. It's not rigorous and the homework load is light. It's so much easier than Frank Hammond Elementary School.

Wilbur Wright Middle School 3

Posted March 01, 2010

Wilbur Wright Middle School
8650 Columbia Avenue, Munster, IN  46321
Last modified Wilbur Wright Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilbur Wright Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.