PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Both of our children attend St. Thomas More and we love it. Our first attraction to St. Thomas was there preschool/Pre-K program. We had our first daughter in a daycare at the time and found out St. Thomas More offered full day preschool/Pre-K for less than what we were paying for day care and it came with a full curriculum (something we were not given at the day care). Plus, they offered before and after school care for a reasonable cost. When we switched, our daughter academics and personality grew exponentially. In addition, we felt that she was safe everyday with teachers and aides who truly cared about her and provided a one-on-one focus. She graduated from Pre-K and went on to Kindergarten in the main building. Her kindergarten teacher was fantastic and she was exposed to additional classes such as art classes, gym, computer and music. She is now in first grade and Spanish class has been added to her curriculum as well. Not only is she receiving an excellent education (her reading skills have grown tremendously), but she is exposed to the meaning of service to others and a solid foundation in Catholicism. Our second daughter joined the preschool program this year and we have already been extremely impressed with the preschool’s efforts. We live in Highland and next to Munster. Both towns have fantastic public education and are rated highly; however, we would not send our children anywhere else, but St. Thomas More.

When it comes to your children's education, we always want the best. This is why I chose to send both of my kids to St. Thomas More. Both children of mine, 3rd and 5th graders, have attended St. Thomas More since Pre-Kindergarten. As the years progressed, I have watched their teachers mold them into incredibly smart and responsible students. The school is also doing a great job with preparing kids in how to use different computer programs and applications. As each day passes I am amazed at how much more my kids understand the importance of knowing about different computer programs and applications. My kids also are blessed with being able to learn the word of God by a Priest who is amazing at helping his young parishioners understand God's teachings. The extra-curricular activities offered by the school seem to really be family oriented. My son just finished his first year basketball season, and it has really created a tight knit group of boys who not only are learning how to become great basketball players, but they are learning how to work with others to form a team. Overall, I couldn't be any happier with finding such an amazing school/church for my kids to attend. Thank you St. Thomas More!!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Written policy seems to be closely adhered to in regard to zero tolerance for bullying

Develops character: Strongly agree

Respect, discipline, encouragement, inclusiveness are all hallmarks at STM! Great for the kids

All of our children are or have attended STM- a family friendly atmosphere where every child has a chance to be part of a close knit community that encourages each child to be the best they can be in a warm but well disciplined atmosphere. Our older children graduated well prepared for continuing their educations at the high school level and on into college. Our youngest still attends STM and enjoys her friends there, the classes, the sports, band, and being part of her school and faith family. Our entire family loves the opportunity to be involved as we work together to educate our children.

My 7 year old attends this school and loves his experience here. He enjoys attending mass twice a week as well. His favorite part of school is art and gym of course!!! The staff here is very helpful and friendly. A can do attitude is seen daily by all. Since the new principal has started he vibrancy of the school is back and I am very excited for what is to come!!!

Great school, very friendly teachers and staff, very pleased with educational growth and development. Very strong beginnings in the Catholic faith. Love the new principal very hands on. Best education !!!

The teachers are really involved in the students education. They have alot of activities for the students starting with grade 5.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are always there to consult with you and help in any way they can.

This is my Son's first year at St Thomas More, and so far we are very happy with the education level the school provides, the teachers are strict but at the same time they care and love the children, I appreciate the commitment of the staff and the Catholic values they teach. I strongly recommend St Thomas More is a very good school.

Last modified Saint Thomas More School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8