Posted February 06, 2011
We feel great about our decision to send our son here. He gets a wonderful education and learns values inspired by God. Mr. Zimmer is a passionate, kind and disciplined man who takes his responsiblity personally. We feel blessed to have him leading our school. The classrooms are smaller, so there is more one on one time. The kids are taught heart, mind and soul!!

Posted February 06, 2011
I am a former teacher from St. Paul's and I am very excited to send my children there now. I love how approachable the staff has been and how they are willing to really sit and listen to you. The academics are on par with many top schools, and they are not just worried about your child's today, but their eternity as well!

Posted February 05, 2011
Inviting, family-oriented atmosphere. We started out in the preschool and have moved on to Kindergarten and 1st grade. The smaller class sizes are a plus, as the kids get more individual attention. I love the Accelerated Reading program and Resource teacher that my daughter sees each week in a small group. I feel like she is getting the extra nudge and challenge she needs to succeed.

Posted April 23, 2010
They provide great Christ based education, encouraging children to grow in their love of God and of all whom he created.

St Paul'S Lutheran School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Both of my children went there and got a great education. When they moved on to the highly-rated public high school, they were ahead of most of the kids who had gone through the highly-rated public middle school.

St Paul'S Lutheran School 1

Posted August 15, 2009
St. Paul's Lutheran treats its sister members students like outsiders. This school is predominately non minority and is in dire need of multicultural educational awareness training. I did not see welcoming of new students at this school. If your child is not a returning student, they are totally ignored at their Open House. This school does not follow their policy manual. If there is a problem with a teacher, the principal does not address it, but if there is a problem with a student he is quick to make the student's life miserable. The staff and administration claim that they maintain a christian atomosphere at all times, but this is not the case. The principal will make a major decision without allowing the education board to decide on it and it is condoned by the lead Pastor. The lead Pastor is very cold and unfriendly and adheres to gossip.

Posted February 23, 2009
Great educational experience. The teachers are wonderful and the relationship between them and the parents is only as good as the involvement of the parent(s). My two children are doing very well. One has graduated and is having a great time in high school. My other has another year left to go and is getting top grades while being involved with most of the extracurricular activities that the school offers. If your involved, your children will benefit greatly. I highly recommend St. Paul's.

Posted February 21, 2009
There does seem to be a problem with with a couple of the teachers,but the administration will not deal with the problem at hand. Many parents are pull out of this school for that reason. If you child think outside the box ,they will not fit.

St Paul'S Lutheran School 0

Posted December 21, 2008
Our son went here K-8th grade. Fantastic school with good Christian education.

Posted February 26, 2008
My children no longer attend the school, but we were pleased for the most part. There was a lot of unhappiness with administration when we were there and my daughter had one teacher who we were very displeased with as were several other parents. Other teachers I dealt with were very caring. There is much parent involvement, but lots of little cliques. It's hard to fit in as a parent, so I imagine it's hard for the kids, too. We would have stayed there if it weren't for the bad experience with the teacher and administration.

St Paul'S Lutheran School
8601 Harrison Avenue, Munster, IN  46321
Last modified St Paul'S Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Paul'S Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.