Hazelwood Middle School 1

Posted December 14, 2012
I use to go to Hazelwood from 1995-1997 I had to transfer because I was bully all the time school refuse to do anything about it. Former asst. principal told me and my dad if the bullies mess with me or hurt me don't come to us for help. Hazelwood will not help the bully thing they wouldn't help me.

Hazelwood Middle School 3

Posted November 02, 2012
we just got started in Hazelwood so far so good..not long enough to get any other feelings..but if anyone can help..when does wrestling begin?my son wants to wrestle ..he isn 5th grade hope he is old enough to join hazelwoods team..

Hazelwood Middle School 3

Posted October 30, 2012
This school is a average middle school. I used to be a student here and i believe it is a ok school. Yes, there is bullying but welcome to the real world. Every where you go there is. The school has nice teachers and a majority of the students love it here. The teachers have amazing school pride and that is what Hazelwood is all about. Thier sports program is alright but that could be easily fixed and they have a wonderul band/music program. If you needed a school to go to in new albany and had to choose between us and scribner, Choose us.

Hazelwood Middle School 1

Posted April 20, 2012
This School is terrible. The Teachers are VERY disrespectful to the students... I feel very sorry for my child that has to up with this kind of environment. They say they have a bullying policy, but it is NEVER enforced. If you have a mentally ill child or just a different child in general, your child will get made fun of like its the last day on earth. I cannot stress enough how terrible this place is. My child has come home crying on several accounts. He is an 8th grader, and will not spend another minute in this school. He will be going to Highland Hills, where the teachers actually care and are respectful..not to mention hazelwoods website which doesn't have any updated info on it. Such as it has the basketball schedual for 2003!!!! The Teachers are irresponsible. Just one teacher has managed to loose 6 of his papers this year. I really hope you don't send your child here. Please don't put them is this environment. My son has seen people pushed down stairs, and literally beaten...Unsatisfactory all together.

Hazelwood Middle School 2

Posted March 05, 2011
I do not like hazelwood at all. I am a 7th grader. The bullying is terrible. Dont put your kind in an environment like this

Hazelwood Middle School 0

Posted March 14, 2010
hazelwood is such a great school. there are a few fights but every school has them. i feel safe when i amthere knowing theire are police officers ther keeping me safe:)

Hazelwood Middle School 5

Posted May 03, 2009
I love this school...everyone is soooo nice.everything is perfect...i can understand the material that they teach, and i wouldn't change anything for the world

Hazelwood Middle School 4

Posted April 15, 2009
I am a sixth grader, and I love Hazelwood! I know that I have learned a lot from my classes. My teachers are pretty awesome, they explain the material really good so that I can understand it. The only thing that i would change is to have a longer passing period, because some students may have a locker at the other end of the hallway where the bathroom is, so it takes longer to get to class. All of the students are so nice to practically everybody. So that is why I love my school. :)

Hazelwood Middle School 0

Posted January 04, 2009
Hazelwood Middle School values the individual student and academic success. At Hazelwood the student's needs always come first. The teachers are caring professionals.

Hazelwood Middle School 4

Posted February 06, 2005
I think my school is the best. Everyone thinks their own school is the best,but I really have pride in my school now. The teachers are the best, and they make it so easy to learn. Lunch could be a little better considering I'm and eighth grader and we eat last. It's a great location. I've lived next to the schools all my life, and I wouldn't want it any other way! I'm sad to be leaving this year, but I will always have faith in my school.

Hazelwood Middle School
Hazelwood Avenue, New Albany, IN  47150
Last modified Hazelwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazelwood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.