Bad
Good

I went here for 5th grade but then had to move. Hazelwood is great other than a little fight or bearing every once in a while. The teachers are very nice and motivate you. The sports programs aren't the best at the moment but the school has pride and dignity. If you do get bullied the facilty is fair about limits on self defense and will help you, there is usually a teacher in every hallway.Also the teachers are very open minded and except opinions. Hazelwood is a great overall school and I hate that i had to leave.

I use to go to Hazelwood from 1995-1997 I had to transfer because I was bully all the time school refuse to do anything about it. Former asst. principal told me and my dad if the bullies mess with me or hurt me don't come to us for help. Hazelwood will not help the bully thing they wouldn't help me.

we just got started in Hazelwood so far so good..not long enough to get any other feelings..but if anyone can help..when does wrestling begin?my son wants to wrestle ..he isn 5th grade hope he is old enough to join hazelwoods team..

This school is a average middle school. I used to be a student here and i believe it is a ok school. Yes, there is bullying but welcome to the real world. Every where you go there is. The school has nice teachers and a majority of the students love it here. The teachers have amazing school pride and that is what Hazelwood is all about. Thier sports program is alright but that could be easily fixed and they have a wonderul band/music program. If you needed a school to go to in new albany and had to choose between us and scribner, Choose us.

This School is terrible. The Teachers are VERY disrespectful to the students... I feel very sorry for my child that has to up with this kind of environment. They say they have a bullying policy, but it is NEVER enforced. If you have a mentally ill child or just a different child in general, your child will get made fun of like its the last day on earth. I cannot stress enough how terrible this place is. My child has come home crying on several accounts. He is an 8th grader, and will not spend another minute in this school. He will be going to Highland Hills, where the teachers actually care and are respectful..not to mention hazelwoods website which doesn't have any updated info on it. Such as it has the basketball schedual for 2003!!!! The Teachers are irresponsible. Just one teacher has managed to loose 6 of his papers this year. I really hope you don't send your child here. Please don't put them is this environment. My son has seen people pushed down stairs, and literally beaten...Unsatisfactory all together.

I do not like hazelwood at all. I am a 7th grader. The bullying is terrible. Dont put your kind in an environment like this

hazelwood is such a great school. there are a few fights but every school has them. i feel safe when i amthere knowing theire are police officers ther keeping me safe:)

I love this school...everyone is soooo nice.everything is perfect...i can understand the material that they teach, and i wouldn't change anything for the world

I am a sixth grader, and I love Hazelwood! I know that I have learned a lot from my classes. My teachers are pretty awesome, they explain the material really good so that I can understand it. The only thing that i would change is to have a longer passing period, because some students may have a locker at the other end of the hallway where the bathroom is, so it takes longer to get to class. All of the students are so nice to practically everybody. So that is why I love my school. :)

Hazelwood Middle School values the individual student and academic success. At Hazelwood the student's needs always come first. The teachers are caring professionals.

Last modified Hazelwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.