Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Two of my children attended Scribner, and I was more than impressed with the quality and professionalism of all the staff, from the administration to the teachers. It takes an investment from parents for education to be successful. It's not a daycare. It's a parents job to make sure their children are educated, and the school is there to help parents succeed. I always had 110% support from the teachers!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They do not take the time to truly care for their students or at least they could fake it to make the students feel worthy of attending this school

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no fairness in this school. One would think teachers/adults would want to try to be a positive role models & get to know their students but not at Scribner.

I am a Caucasian, I have put 2 children through Scribner Middle. I will not send my other 2 to this school. I was beside myself at the way the minority children are treated at this school by both the principle Mr. Bush & the assistant principle Paul Rakee. The school is clicky among the adults as well as the students. If you did not grow up in New Albany or attend Scribner you are treated as an outcast. I could not be more disappointed with this school & im embarrassed to admit my children attend this school.

I went to Scribner for 2010-2011 school year and was in fifth grade. (Due to budget cuts in NAFCS the fifth graders were put into middle school.) I was on the AP team and was also very stressed in life at that time. As a result, my grades bombed. The work was pretty good for my level, but I couldn't trust anyone. Their discipline system needs some work, as I have an ex-friend who was put in ISS often and missed many days of school and didn't get any punishment other than that. Most of the people in my class (class, not team) had C's and D's. I dunno. I didn't have a great experience, but I know others did. I also made a few close friends. Now I'm going into sixth grade at RVMS and hope I have a good time.

Very happy with the staff and the academic performance of the school. The teachers are very helpful and there are a lot of resources for students that need extra study help.

Scribner middle school is a great school. The only problem is dicipline. Every little things these kids do, they get into trouble for. I have a daughter(8th) and a son(7th) that go to scribner and I get calls on the pettyest of problems. I have good kids and they dont get in trouble at home, but yet they come home to me with a detention slip and I go crazy. I hear that my kids did something small like say a word that sounds close to a curse word, and my daughter came home with an I.S.S. I think that is sad. -Concerned parent

Scribner is a great school! I learn a lot and I can say that my teachers stay involved with me and show me what to do if I'm not quite understanding what Im learning. My teachers take control of any situation I'm not understanding and help me to understand. I've been at Scribner for three years. I was in the very first 6th grade class and I can honeslty say my teachers push me to work harder when I'm struggling. I can admit I'm not the best student but I try hard and my teachers help me learn easier. My principle, Ms. Mull, is a great help. She helps out and she's a very nice woman. -Bryanna Skinner (8th)

Last modified Nathaniel Scribner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.