Bad
Good

We have been a part of this school since fall of 2012 and so far, I have heard nothing but good things. The teachers seem very concerned with the child's progress throughout the school year, and communication between parent and teacher is adequate. The only thing I am not thrilled with, is it seems the work is too easy for my daughter! She is now in 2nd grade, and she's doing work that I did in kindergarten. I would like to have her advanced, or at least put in specialized classes!

Very interesting how outdated all of the comments are on this school. Nobody has really posted anything in years on here since 'the incident' which happened over four years ago now. Just sayin.... it's still a great school with really great teachers!

I have spent 9 years teaching my daughter how important attendance is. Her class has a sub at least 2 to 3 times a week. She complains that the classroom is so loud at times that she cannot focus, especially when there is a substitute and the kids are not made to follow even the most basic rules. She just started in mid October and I now realize I will have to move into a district that I cannot afford. If the school expects good attendance from it's students then they need to set a better example.

I've been involved with this school for 4 years and I must say it has the most caring staff. Not only the teachers are top rate but so is the support staff. Everyone I have come in contact with has been caring and helpful. Anytime a child is in need or the family is faced with a difficult time. The entire staff chips in, from food baskets, clothes to back packs and supplies. That kind of love and caring is reflected in the teaching and running of the school. Truly every child is equal and treated as so. When a child has food on the table and has a new coat or jeans like the other children their academics improve. Not only does the school take care of the children they help the families with many family programs encouraging reading, writing and math skills that can be taught at home.

To me, they do try to get the parents involved. My son is only in Kindergarten, so I don't really know about the extracurricular activities. They aren't as strict as most other schools. The teachers are good also. Knowledgable.

My name is Misbah Chaudhry, and my son is a sy=tudent in S. Ellen jones for the last 3 years. I think so that the teachers are very nice and pay special attention to the students. This school has a wonderful reading plan for students and my son only 7 years old is able to read all the books now. Thanks S.Ellen Jones

Last modified S Ellen Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.