Bad
Good

S Ellen Jones Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
We have been a part of this school since fall of 2012 and so far, I have heard nothing but good things. The teachers seem very concerned with the child's progress throughout the school year, and communication between parent and teacher is adequate. The only thing I am not thrilled with, is it seems the work is too easy for my daughter! She is now in 2nd grade, and she's doing work that I did in kindergarten. I would like to have her advanced, or at least put in specialized classes!

Posted October 11, 2012
Very interesting how outdated all of the comments are on this school. Nobody has really posted anything in years on here since 'the incident' which happened over four years ago now. Just sayin.... it's still a great school with really great teachers!

S Ellen Jones Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2008
I have spent 9 years teaching my daughter how important attendance is. Her class has a sub at least 2 to 3 times a week. She complains that the classroom is so loud at times that she cannot focus, especially when there is a substitute and the kids are not made to follow even the most basic rules. She just started in mid October and I now realize I will have to move into a district that I cannot afford. If the school expects good attendance from it's students then they need to set a better example.

S Ellen Jones Elementary School 5

Posted December 31, 2006
I've been involved with this school for 4 years and I must say it has the most caring staff. Not only the teachers are top rate but so is the support staff. Everyone I have come in contact with has been caring and helpful. Anytime a child is in need or the family is faced with a difficult time. The entire staff chips in, from food baskets, clothes to back packs and supplies. That kind of love and caring is reflected in the teaching and running of the school. Truly every child is equal and treated as so. When a child has food on the table and has a new coat or jeans like the other children their academics improve. Not only does the school take care of the children they help the families with many family programs encouraging reading, writing and math skills that can be taught at home.

S Ellen Jones Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2006
To me, they do try to get the parents involved. My son is only in Kindergarten, so I don't really know about the extracurricular activities. They aren't as strict as most other schools. The teachers are good also. Knowledgable.

Posted September 26, 2006
My name is Misbah Chaudhry, and my son is a sy=tudent in S. Ellen jones for the last 3 years. I think so that the teachers are very nice and pay special attention to the students. This school has a wonderful reading plan for students and my son only 7 years old is able to read all the books now. Thanks S.Ellen Jones

S Ellen Jones Elementary School 2

Posted July 16, 2006
This is one of the lowest rated schools in the New Albany Floyd County School District. Parent Involvement is strained due to poor Parent-Faculty relations. Some of the Teachers are top notch, but are often out for training due to the schools overall low ranking; subjecting the children to inconsistency in the classroom.

Posted April 30, 2005
S.Ellen Jones has wonderful teachers. My children have attended SEJ daughter k-6th. Son Pre-school to 5th. I believe the teachers are very caring. They would like to have more communication with the parents. The school was remodeled after many years of trying, also they finaly received 2 buses for students that were having to walk at minimum of 3 blocks and at maximum of 14 blocks. S. Elllen Jones had always been concidered a walking school. The only down side is the school principal is not the most reliable communicator. But, other than that the school is a Wonderful Place.

S Ellen Jones Elementary School 5

Posted November 10, 2004
SEJ was the best school ever! My name is Samantha Cooper and I was a student at SEJ from kindergarden through 4th grade and I'd like to comment alittle on this school. SEJ had a big impact on my life. The teachers and staff were the most awsome people I had ever met. Mrs. Mickey Hicks was the greatest teacher of all. She spent her time and love for anything that would be of help to the students. A special thanks to her. Now Mrs. Gloria Nunier was the most wonderful counselor I ever had! I felt she really cared about the students. Great thanks to her. Next Mrs. Susie Riese the most caring person and principal I know. I bielve she wants whats best for everyone else, so thanks a bunch. In conclusion SEJ would be a great school for anyones child, because it was for me!

S Ellen Jones Elementary School
600 East 11th Street, New Albany, IN  47150
Last modified S Ellen Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.