Bad
Good

From the principal to the teachers the school is beyond terrible.

We homeschooled until our family started getting bigger, so we enrolled our oldest for second grade. They didn't teach handwriting. Very little science or grammar. No history. The books my daughter was bringing home to read were, in my estimation, way below where a second grader should be. Near the end of the year, she came home 3 times and told me an older kid had been running in the lunch room and knocked her lunch out of her hands. She was told she would have nothing for lunch that day. She also came home once running a fever after beyond the bell during the last session. When I asked how long she felt bad, she told me she had gone to the nurses office before school ended and they just let her lay on a cot until time for the after school activity. I was never informed. They could use some serious improvement.

The faculty is very friendly and family like. They have helped my son with the transition from Ky with such grace. He loves his new school!!

Slate Run Elementary is a wonderful school. My grandson started the last semester of last year. I could see a big difference in his learning level in that short of time. I know the teachers and the program are much better than his last school and I can't wait to see what he will achieve this school year.

This school is amazing! I am a 7th grader at Hazelwood now but this was amazing! Ms. Murphey prepared me for everything. I am truley greatful for this school I love it! <3

Great school. My son attends Kindergarten and he went to preschool here. I will be sending his little brother here in the fall.

Great school! My son is a has some sensory issues and they were great getting him the help he needs.

My son attended 2nd - 5th. Everything about the school is fantastic. Ms. Jones (principal) is professional & promotes team work & leadership among staff & students (she even works in the cafeteria everyday.) My son's teachers were Ms. Bell, Ms. Shireman and Mr. Neidiffer. They should all be awarded high honors for the life skills (as well as academics) that they teach the children. Ms. Finn (school counselor) does very well at building rapport w/both students & parents. These professionals (including janitoral, cafeteria, art, etc) are so fantastic that I did not even know until the end of the school year that they were working w/o a contract & the union asked them to stop participating in after-school activities. They still didn't - they were more concerned about the students than themselves. Bravo to Slate Run!

My daughter has attended kindergarten and first grade at Slate Run. She loves it there. We are satisfied with what she has learned in her 2 years there. The only complaint I have is that she had well over 30 children in her class and there was not enough one on one interaction between teacher/teacher's helpers and students.

My daughter attended 1st grade at Slate Run Elementary. At first I was a little worried about the handwriting skills they were teaching. I now believe that my daughter is more prepared for cursive writing than before. My daughter went from a reading level B to a reading level G. Mrs.Murphy did an excellent job teaching my daughter. We have now moved into the Henryville school district and I must say I'm really worried about it. SRE is an excellent school. The principal is well involived and the teachers are wonderful. They really want all the children to do well. I wish my daughter could attend SRE..

Last modified Slate Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.