PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

I think its parents more than a school that develops strong character, compassion and respect in their children. I give credit to OLPH for trying to promote Christian values and attitudes. However, the reality is there are cliques, pretentious and highly competitive attitudes, among not all, but many parents, students, and even a few teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There has been high teacher turnover at this school in the last two years. In my opinion, a few of the teachers have good teaching strategies and are effective. I would describe some teachers as adequate but not exceptional.

I would only recommend this school if you place a higher priority on your child learning about the Catholic faith and attending Mass weekly versus overall academic achievement. We are happy we sent our kids here for grades K-4 but we did not feel that the middle school (grades 5-8) were up to the standards we expected for our children. Maybe our expectations were too high based on the expensive tuition we paid at OL but we have found that the public school we switched our children too offers a better academic curriculum.

Really aweful school f you don't fit in perfectly. If you fit perfectly with the school, it'll be good for you. If you don't, I'd advise leaving. With such small classes, things get competitive and all about winning. Highland Hills Middle School and Scribner Middle School are way better places to go. I think I learned more at Highland Hills in one year than all my years at Our Lady. A ton of money for a bad school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Deffinately not! If you don't threaten to leave the school they certainly won't care. Even then they still might not care.

Develops character: Disagree

It does develop characteristics. They'd be hate, racism, too competitive, etc. Not the ones you'd want.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Tons of homework. They don't seem to get kids have a life out side of school and want to play and have fun. Got tons of homework all the time there, even on Halloween!

Moved my child to this school after our previous catholic school had closed, over all severely disappointed. I definitely feel this school is more worried about high enrollment numbers instead of the quality of education the administration provides. We have tried to express our concerns over the past three years, prayed about it, and feel we certainly will be looking for an alternative.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I have not seen this school push its teachers to continue their training or education to keep up on strategies of teaching.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Compared to family and friends children, our child receives about thirty percent more home work, yet is about a month behind on material being taught.

Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8