Posted May 14, 2014
Holy Family School has been such a blessing for my girls in 2nd and 7th grades. Our youngest has been excelling at reading and Math because of being taught the basics, but being allowed and encouraged to go further. She loves being independent and working on her online homework, as well as other special projects. Our oldest, after having been here for 8 years, is learning good study habits, and getting personal attention in the subjects she loves: French, Science, and Literature. She has competed with the Academic Team for two years now, and loves it! Both girls have had opportunities to lead groups and present in front of their classmates. The teachers, staff, and parents are all very personal, caring, and protective of our children. Overall, we are very pleased with the education and development they are receiving at Holy Family.

Posted February 21, 2014
Both of my children have attended Holy Family. I am extremely happy with the quality of education they have received. Holy Family is a very friendly place. The teachers are supportive and will go the extra mile to help their students achieve their potential. The parents are extremely involved and have helped launch several extracurricular programs that set Holy Family apart from other local schools. These include a competitive Science Olympiad team (12th in the state in 2013, their first year competing) and a Junior Indiana Academic Superbowl Team that placed in the top 3 in the state in 4 of the 5 disciplines tested.

Holy Family School 2

Posted June 24, 2013
This is a great school--If you are a member of a family who has attended here for generations. For the rest of us, well...I pray for the teachers daily, that they treat my children as Christ would treat his flock...So far, my prayers have remained unanswered. I pray that other children won't bully my child, but then, it continues to happen....

Posted May 02, 2013
Holy Family School has a warm and friendly environment, the families are great, and the academics are the best in the area!

Posted February 25, 2013
I am a staff member of Holy Family and am honored to come to work every. day. We are a community of faith, and we strive daily to bring our best for the students, both in academics and in spiritual formation. We have tremendous parish support and generous, involved parents. We are proud to serve the southern Indiana community.

Posted February 07, 2013
My family has been a part of the Holy Family Community for the past 5 years. When we chose to send our children to this school we were hoping that they would receive a quality education with Catholic faith formation. At that time, we had no idea how Holy Family School would go above and beyond achieving this goal. Over the years, Holy Family has set high expectations for our children, and I must say, it has been a joy watching them rise up to meet them! The excellent administrative and teaching staff are committed to not only providing comprehensive academic programs to prepare our students for high school, but they also help our children develop tools to live a life of faith, service, and love. Holy Family has provided the Catholic values based education that we were originally seeking with the structure and discipline that my husband and I try to instill at home. We absolutely love Holy Family, and I highly recommend this school to any parent who would like to see their child excel in academics while developing successful life skills!

Posted April 27, 2010
We switched our son from Silver Street Elementary School to Holy Family at the beginning of this school year and are extremely happy. Silver Street was in danger of being closed, and now it will sadly be closed at the end of this school year, so we know we made the right decision. Holy Family's teachers and staff are excellent, and uphold a high level of academic excellence. It is the best school in all of Floyd County!!

Posted July 29, 2009
We are going into our third year at Holy Family. The staff and teachers are wonderful and I couldn't say nicer things about the principal. Prior to moving here, my child was designated as having advanced math capabilities. I don't feel that the school is challenging him enough in this area. I have spoken with admin. and teachers and are hoping to have some differentiated instruction set up for him this year. P.S. Some of the parents are not as 'friendly' as I had hoped; They are very clique-y.

Holy Family School 0

Posted November 16, 2008
So far I have been very happy with this school. The first year we sent to public and this year to Holy Family--what a difference. More hands on for the family and so much involvement that you don't see in public schools. The teachers are great and as my son says--don't yell like public school. I really like the principal as he is very supportive of the children.

Holy Family School 0

Posted September 29, 2008
this school is the best school your child will ever go to! Holy Family has nice teachers good food and an awesome principle mr. Ernstberger

Holy Family School
217 West Daisy Lane, New Albany, IN  47150
Last modified Holy Family School is a Private school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holy Family School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.