PK-12 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

I was lured in by a nice facility but there is nothing terribly special about the education here. Both of my children seemingly do nothing but worksheets. For the cost, I am not impressed.

Have both of my children at Christian Academy and they both learn differently. CAI faculty and staff have been patient with my busy son and allowed him the room to grow and learn they way he needs to. They have a fantastic reading and literature program called Foundation and Frameworks and I'm pleased that both of my children are good readers. They encourage the kiddos to ask questions and to not feel like anything is a dumb question. Some of the curriculum is difficult, but honestly, I feel that's part of what I'm paying for. Also, I am so thankful that my kids can worship God here. They are taught biblical principles and that prayer is a big part of daily life. They are taught to love and to be kind and to give grace. Qualities that I find priceless in the world we live in!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Love our teachers. They pray for our kiddos and they really go above and beyond to be fair and kinda and helpful. There are a couple of teachers I haven't been totally thrilled with, but they were fine and you can't "love" every single one. Everyone is different. The true love of teaching and children and God is why these people are here. They don't make a ton of money and they go above and beyond.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is homework, but we've never experienced an complete and non stop overload. There might be one or two days that are bad, but when we ask if there is homework, we get, we did it at school. So they are given the opportunity to do it while there. There are projects and reports, but usually you are given advance notice and then you have 2 or 3 weeks to get it complete. Parental assistance is usually necessary for the projects when they are in elementary, but have been needed less and less in middle school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, absolutely! In our experience, the teachers model these traits with our children and therefore they are learning how to treat others and that honesty and integrity are character traits that are important. At the end of the year, each child is presented with a Biblical Character trait. The kids love it!

Absolutely love CAI. This is my 5th year to have my children enrolled. The academics are outstanding. The Christian Education is worth every penny and the athletics have been wonderful to my kids. We receive voucher assistance and are so grateful that this opportunity is available in our state. I would not want my kids anywhere else. We spent a few early years at a local public school and it was a horrific experience. I encourage others to check out our school if you are looking for an alternative.

I sent my kid here looking for a quality education in a good christian environment. But neither have turned out for us, thus resulting in us making the decision to move to neighboring school. My kid also played a sport but due to the coach encouraging foul language and an improper lifestyle he/she quit. I was proud of my child. The money is not worth it, nor all the temptations that follow.

We love Christian Academy! Not only does our daughter receive a quality Christian education, but has also made some great life-long friends who share a love for Jesus Christ. We're proud of the school's academic, relational, and spiritual values.

I agree with the last review. My daughter went here for a short period of time. The principal told me if I had not found a home church by a certain date that she would not be able to attend the following year. She was also very entitled. It was her way or the highway. She started soccer and the coaches were there every practice having them do push ups for missing goals but no water to hydrate them until I complained. Also there was not a coach in sight the first game. Just high school students monitoring the game. When I asked another parent about this, the coach emailed me and told me that gossiping with other parents would not be tolerated and was not very Christian like. ....hmmmm. This school is all about money and if you are a scholarship family you are treated differently. I pulled my daughter out and she will never be going back. This is a Christian school but most of the faculty do you not behave this way. Christ should be the center of this school not $$$$$$$.

This school is only interested in taking your money and not so much in educating students. The teachers and administrators are quite content to sit by, watching students fail without alerting parents or attempting to help their students succeed. I am a proponent of private school education, but CAI is a waste of money. If you are looking for a quality education for your money, this is not the school for you!

Last modified Christian Academy Of Indiana is a Private school