PK-12 & Ungraded
New Albany, IN

Posted August 04, 2015
Have both of my children at Christian Academy and they both learn differently. CAI faculty and staff have been patient with my busy son and allowed him the room to grow and learn they way he needs to. They have a fantastic reading and literature program called Foundation and Frameworks and I'm pleased that both of my children are good readers. They encourage the kiddos to ask questions and to not feel like anything is a dumb question. Some of the curriculum is difficult, but honestly, I feel that's part of what I'm paying for. Also, I am so thankful that my kids can worship God here. They are taught biblical principles and that prayer is a big part of daily life. They are taught to love and to be kind and to give grace. Qualities that I find priceless in the world we live in!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 04, 2015
Love our teachers. They pray for our kiddos and they really go above and beyond to be fair and kinda and helpful. There are a couple of teachers I haven't been totally thrilled with, but they were fine and you can't "love" every single one. Everyone is different. The true love of teaching and children and God is why these people are here. They don't make a ton of money and they go above and beyond.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 04, 2015
There is homework, but we've never experienced an complete and non stop overload. There might be one or two days that are bad, but when we ask if there is homework, we get, we did it at school. So they are given the opportunity to do it while there. There are projects and reports, but usually you are given advance notice and then you have 2 or 3 weeks to get it complete. Parental assistance is usually necessary for the projects when they are in elementary, but have been needed less and less in middle school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
My daughter is a great example of this. Math isn't her favorite, but over the past couple of years she has really put her nose to the grindstone and asked questions, stayed after class, to make sure she not only understands but excels. This is partially because of her, but the teachers really spark this motivation in the students to do their absolute best.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Yes, Yes, Yes! From picking up something on the floor, to holding doors open, to the older kids helping the younger kids, to the kids minding the teachers and doing what they are told to coming home and treating the world around them in a kind and loving way.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Yes, absolutely. The teachers, staff and pastors from the community do a wonderful job of opening our kid's eye's to treating others they way they wish to be treated, whether that be to our neighbor, friend, teacher, parent, someone in the local community or someone in a far away land. They teach each other to ask for forgiveness and give grace.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Yes, absolutely! In our experience, the teachers model these traits with our children and therefore they are learning how to treat others and that honesty and integrity are character traits that are important. At the end of the year, each child is presented with a Biblical Character trait. The kids love it!

Posted April 07, 2015
Absolutely love CAI. This is my 5th year to have my children enrolled. The academics are outstanding. The Christian Education is worth every penny and the athletics have been wonderful to my kids. We receive voucher assistance and are so grateful that this opportunity is available in our state. I would not want my kids anywhere else. We spent a few early years at a local public school and it was a horrific experience. I encourage others to check out our school if you are looking for an alternative.

Christian Academy Of Indiana 1

Posted October 30, 2014
I sent my kid here looking for a quality education in a good christian environment. But neither have turned out for us, thus resulting in us making the decision to move to neighboring school. My kid also played a sport but due to the coach encouraging foul language and an improper lifestyle he/she quit. I was proud of my child. The money is not worth it, nor all the temptations that follow.

Posted April 24, 2014
We love Christian Academy! Not only does our daughter receive a quality Christian education, but has also made some great life-long friends who share a love for Jesus Christ. We're proud of the school's academic, relational, and spiritual values.

1000 Academy Drive, New Albany, IN  47150
Last modified Christian Academy Of Indiana is a Private school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christian Academy Of Indiana Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top