Castle High School 4

Posted November 25, 2010
Academically the school does well where the most established programs are which include Chemistry and Math in my opinion. The shool values a conservative approach to learning which is why we haven't jumped on the Block scheduling bandwagon. In recent years, we spent money on superficial things but not to the point of getting over our heads. Many of the extracurricular programs are having a comeback as we find more effective ways to run them. The school is slow to make changes, which is common in this region. That has both saved us and hurt us.

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted September 07, 2007
- a former student

Posted August 08, 2007

Posted October 07, 2006
I am a Castle graduate from the 1980's and my son is a sophomore there now. I have nothing but positive to say about this school. My son is involved in band as well as the theater program and has gained much from both. The band program is one of the top in the state. There is a high level of parental involvement and support at this school, although I as a single parent do not have a lot of time to devote. Still, my son has received exceptional guidance and encouragement from teachers and administrators there. Yes, there are high expectations placed on students academically, but I personally see this a positive. The only negative is the size of the school. If a students don't make the effort to find their niche, they can get lost in the shuffle. It is really up to the student to make the effort.

Posted July 18, 2006
I am a graduate of Castle, and I have 2 children attending Castle. I have been extremely impressed with the school both as a student and as a parent. The academics are strong and the extra curricular programs are awesome. Wonderful athletes and scholars have graduated from this school. The school corporation and the community backs the school and the administration. The community is very proud of the school. There are many opportunities for parent involvement.

Castle High School 3

Posted July 14, 2006

Castle High School
3344 Indiana 261, Newburgh, IN  47630
Last modified Castle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.