Newburgh, IN

Posted September 23, 2013
We recently moved from the Indianapolis area, and as any parent, I was concerned how my 8 year old daughter would adjust to a new school. She has done wonderfully - absolutely loves it, seems to be learning so much and excited to learn more. Everyone seems so friendly and helpful there, and every day I pick her up from school, I ask her how her day was and she says "awesome." How happy that makes this momma!

Newburgh Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
We are very disappointed with the school, teachers, and principal. We had such high hopes after reading all the positive remarks on here. Looking at other school options in the area.

Posted August 23, 2011
We've moved around alot and I have to say NES is the best school I have ever sent my kids to. The principal is hands on, highly respected by parents, staff and the kids. He is involved in every facet of the day to day goings on. He even answers the phone in the office when the ladies are busy. He's approachable and a good communicator. The PAT is incredible and the amount of things they do for the kids is amazing. It is not your typical PTA, where the moms are cliquey and unkind. These are women and MEN who are dedicated to making NES great. The teachers are cream of the crop. Even the building staff, janitors, cafeteria staff, librarian and among the best I've met. I can't say enough about how wonderful NES is. Your kids will thrive here.

Posted January 14, 2011
My son is in his 5th year @ Newburgh and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this school!!! The principle & teachers are amazing!! The main goal is for our kids to succeed and to have a great time in the process!!! They keep the kids motivated & excited about learning!! I hate to see my son leave Newburgh @ the end of the school year!! I will truly miss this school!!!!

Posted March 09, 2010
The focus and motivation of the staff is excellent. My daughters had been in private school prior to coming to Newburgh and the atmoshpere here is much more conducive to learning and growing. I could not be more pleased.

Newburgh Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
Its a great school especialy if your child has a learning disability. The Principal now is the best I have seen in years.

Posted July 25, 2007

Posted February 17, 2006

Posted September 08, 2005
I have just enrolled the last of my three children at Newburgh Elementary. My first child started NES since 1994. I appreciate that the teachers have always been receptive to suggestions that I have given them to help my children succeed in school. It is important to remember that all schools have teachers that need to retire or quit. NES is not an exception. However, overall I would say that NES rates high with teacher-student-parent communication! I appreciate the hard work from the teachers! Melissa Gwaltney

Newburgh Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2005
I was a student at Newburgh Elementary and don't no how to respond to the feed back of the parents. If every parent was to try and live one day in the shoes of a teacher I think u would feel differently.It isn't a bad school it is just a little more tough.. The recess thing is not really that big of a deal. They really don't let u miss ur recess unless u didn't put enough effort into the work. They only make u watch the other kids play outside is if they r on recess duty. I saw NES as tough and some of the teachers were not that nice. Overall the school was ok. a rating 6 and a half on a 10 point scale. 10 being the highest. If u want a good school for ur child I would strongly consider Chandler Elementary. Chandler is great!

Newburgh Elementary School
306 State Street, Newburgh, IN  47630
Last modified Newburgh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newburgh Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top