Bad
Good

This is such a warm and friendly environment for kids. I could not be happier to have my child here.

Having moved across country twice and experiencing several different elementary schools for our 3 children, Yankeetown ranks right up with THE BEST. Teachers are caring and engaged, not only ensuring each student reaches their best potential, but also to be good people, which is equally important. The school is one of the areas best kept secrets in my honest opinion and because it's one of the smaller schools, it is in no way overcrowded. The parents are very friendly as well as the office staff and principal. GREAT school! Hands down the best public elementary school in the area (having had one at JH Castle for one year, I can easily attest to this!)

My son attends Yankeetown and I wish that I could pull him out. The principal encourages students to tell on eachother, and if they do, they get to put their name on a tree that's hanging up for all to see. Needless to say, some students tell on other kids for things that they aren't even doing, just so they can get their name up! The principal also dresses inappropriately with low cut tops and wears a lot of make-up. My son asked if she was a clown. My son was singled out for his hair-cut and I was told he needed to get it cut because it was against school policy. I complied and when I showed up at an event, 3 or 4 other male students had the exact same haircut that my son had!

My children attended Yankeetown Elementary School before we moved internationally. My son struggled very much with reading. The reading program at Yankeetown was fantastic!!! With support from home and the fabulous reading program at school, my son became a reader. He loves books and learning. The teachers and staff at Yankeetown are extremely caring and welcome help from parents in the classroom and the school. As a parent volunteer I was able to get a glimpse into the life of my child at school. I am looking forward to my other children attending Yankeetown when we return to Indiana after our international experience.

Yankeetown is a wonderful school that I could not say enough great things about. I have one child in 4th gr., one in first and two going into kin. and so far it has been nothing but a positive experience for everyone. The principal and all of the teachers have nothing but the kids best interest in mind. We look forward to a great 2008-2009 school year.

Wonderful staff that works very hard to ensure students succeed, not only on standardized tests, but in life. As a parent, I am thrilled my kids attend here and as a teacher I am proud to work here. We have an awesome staff, great kids, and very supportive parents. I think we are the best kept secret in Warrick County (although the secret must be getting out because we are growing quickly).

Last modified Yankeetown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.