Yankeetown Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
My son attends Yankeetown and I wish that I could pull him out. The principal encourages students to tell on eachother, and if they do, they get to put their name on a tree that's hanging up for all to see. Needless to say, some students tell on other kids for things that they aren't even doing, just so they can get their name up! The principal also dresses inappropriately with low cut tops and wears a lot of make-up. My son asked if she was a clown. My son was singled out for his hair-cut and I was told he needed to get it cut because it was against school policy. I complied and when I showed up at an event, 3 or 4 other male students had the exact same haircut that my son had!

Posted August 14, 2012
My children attended Yankeetown Elementary School before we moved internationally. My son struggled very much with reading. The reading program at Yankeetown was fantastic!!! With support from home and the fabulous reading program at school, my son became a reader. He loves books and learning. The teachers and staff at Yankeetown are extremely caring and welcome help from parents in the classroom and the school. As a parent volunteer I was able to get a glimpse into the life of my child at school. I am looking forward to my other children attending Yankeetown when we return to Indiana after our international experience.

Yankeetown Elementary School 0

Posted June 28, 2008
Yankeetown is a wonderful school that I could not say enough great things about. I have one child in 4th gr., one in first and two going into kin. and so far it has been nothing but a positive experience for everyone. The principal and all of the teachers have nothing but the kids best interest in mind. We look forward to a great 2008-2009 school year.

Posted January 30, 2008
Wonderful staff that works very hard to ensure students succeed, not only on standardized tests, but in life. As a parent, I am thrilled my kids attend here and as a teacher I am proud to work here. We have an awesome staff, great kids, and very supportive parents. I think we are the best kept secret in Warrick County (although the secret must be getting out because we are growing quickly).

Posted July 26, 2005
My wife and I have nothing but GREAT things to say about Yankeetown school. We have 2 boys going into 1st and 2nd grade this 2005-2006 season. I think it says alot about the quality of teaching when my eldest loved and spoke so highly of his first grade teacher that his little brother had us request her for his school year.

Posted February 09, 2005
I have one child currently attending Yankeetown with another anxiously waiting. My son can't wait to go to school every morning. He loves it! The teachers and the principal are wonderful and really care about the children. Yankeetown is a small school, which is great for the kids. There is about an average of 20 kids per class. That is a wonderful class size. The kids get the attention that they need and deserve.

Yankeetown Elementary School 0

Posted September 13, 2004
I really think it is a great school the principal and the teachers care about the students. It is a great school.

Posted July 21, 2004
we love yankee town . We have 2 boys and recently moved to this area at the end of the school year 2004 ,we were extremely concerned about transferring the boys so close to the end of the year and how it would affect them .Within a matter of a week the school worked my boys into the spring program ,we met the school staff and felt as if the kids had been going a year .We saw our oldest sons grades go from c's to a's, in a matter of six weeks our sons whole outlook on school had changed 100% we are so excited that the boys are going to have a full year at yankeetown ,and can't wait to see report cards and for them to enjoy school.

Yankeetown Elementary School
7422 Yankeetown Road, Newburgh, IN  47630
Last modified Yankeetown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yankeetown Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.