Bad
Good

My son loves his school. i am so happy that i moved to Indiana and that my son loves his school. My son has Autism, the support he gets from his teachers and everyone at White River its great. He loves Mrs. Lamp, she is so great with him thanks to her he has strive so much in achieving his goals. I can't say anything bad about White River every time i go to the school just surprise me how everyone knows my son and how happy they are to see him.

I feel very blessed that all 3 of my kids have experienced the amazing learning environment at White River Elementary! The WRE staff makes a special effort to not only develop each student academically, but also emotionally. We also have fantastic parents that go the extra mile to support our staff and students! Our WRE TEAM of students, staff, and parents work well together and continue to be successful each year! What a fun school to attend!

It has the best teachers in Indiana, not to mention a very supportive PTO to help fund so many extra programs for the students.

White River Elementary is the best school. My girls love it there. All of the teachers are so dedicated and truly care about helping each student succeed. Top notch teachers and school!

I don't really think there is an ' in crowd' in an elementary school....especially as far as the parents go. My son has done very well at this school, although he is very well behaved ( at least at school anyway). His teacher is wonderful and communicates great with the parents. If I have a question I'll send her an e-mail and I always get a prompt reply. Obviously not everyone is going to have the same experience at a particular school but if your child is well behaved clearly that makes for a better experience for the parents, child, teachers, and staff. Therefore our opinions of the school are certainly biased, even mine.

My son is in 4th grade and finishing his final year there, and all I can say is thank goodness. I read the previous reviews, and I guess it's a 'who you know' school because the teachers there are really not that warm and friendly. I am not part of the 'in' crowd, so it was a different experience for me. As far as professionaly, the teachers lack communication with the parents as far as homework, projects etc and I felt like my son was a burden to them. Be equipped with ESP. My son is a very active child, always outside playing and not on video games so he has a lot of energy. Beware, the minute your child shows this active personality they will bring up having your child tested for ADHD etc. I think they need to hire staff that is more equipped to deal with every type.

A wonderful school. Great staff overall. We are very pleased with the help our son has been given. The special needs department is awesome!

We love White River and cannot say enough good things about it. The teachers are warm and caring and really genuinely care about each child. The principal is involved makes an effort to visit the classrooms. They have a great family atmosphere and my daughter couldn't be happier here!

I am not impressed so far with this school! My son is one of 23 in his kindergarten class. The class has to many students with behavior issue for one teacher to keep under control. There is no learning environment at all. The principal says he is aware but has done nothing to improve the problem, except add more students. Parents have gone together to have a parent in the class everyday and this is still not enough.

WRE Teachers and Staff are wonderful. I could not say enough about this school. We will never move out of the WRE district while our children are in elementary school.

Last modified White River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.