East Washington Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2010
My only concern is why it cost $900.00 for full day Kindergarten @ EWES. What is going on? I want an explanation of where the 900.00 per child is going. Example ( 100 full day Kindergarten Students = $90,000.00 per school year) Where is the money going? What do we pay taxes for? Isn't Public school supposed to be a free education? We never had to pay any kind of fees for all day K until this School year 2010-2011.

East Washington Elementary School 1

Posted November 10, 2008

East Washington Elementary School 5

Posted April 05, 2005
I have been so pleased with this school over the past 5 years that I recently became an employee. I've always been really impressed with the parent involvement the school system encourages and the stress on lifeskills and lifelong guidelines. The children start learning them from day one and are encouraged daily to use them. Students using them are rewarded. The staff is always willing to bend over backward to help children needing extra help. They offer after-school tutoring for students who were not able to pass ISTEP exams, and they are always willing to find extra help for lower level students. There hasn't been an abundance of extra-curricular activities offered, due to lack of funds, but I have seen new activities starting up and expect more in the near future. I have never seen a more caring bunch, and as the t-shirts say, 'Everybody is somebody at EWES!'

East Washington Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2004
This school is great until there is a problem out of the 'norm' for your child. When your child starts to have a problem they act concerned, but when it comes down to it I am going to pay up to $5,000 to help my daughter because the school didn't think there was a problem to address. I had test ran that proved this wasn't the case.

East Washington Elementary School 5

Posted April 24, 2004
This school is great! The teachers and faculty are so caring about the children there. Its nice to know that they attend a school where their names are remembered and they feel wanted.

East Washington Elementary School
1020 North Eastern School Road, Pekin, IN  47165
Last modified East Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.