Pendleton Heights High School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
This school is seriously mediocre. They do very little for the students. There are so many issues and problems and yet no one does anything about it despite complaints and efforts. The counselors are just completely awful and could seriously not care less about your future unless you do sports. Most teachers are that way. I can think of maybe 5 teachers there that genuinely do care and try to give their all and ACTUALLY teach but that is very rare here. The class periods are too short. There's almost a test every week, sometimes more than just one and it's just so fast paced. It's too fast paced and the required curriculum and all the different diplomas it offers (which literally no other school has) are completely ridiculous. Also the students are genuinely awful people, the majority of them.

Pendleton Heights High School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
I graduated from this school in 2010 and I must say that I got an exemplary education there. I graduated 31st in a class of about 300 with a Summa cum Laude diploma and I wasn't the only one to graduate with honors. The school, for me, definitely helped me to succeed. I know that there were other students in my advanced classes that didn't try and the teachers were able to inspire them to succeed. Not a single student flunked out of my classes.

Pendleton Heights High School 1

Posted April 25, 2011
This is the typical, walk around and smile, ACT like everything is the best and perfect. The system is SO FAKE. They publish caring about the kids. What they truly mean is, if you are financially well off, give them all your time and money, and build barns for your kids to become the next Hank Aaron, you'll love it. Those kids can do anything they choose. Incuding bullying, harrassement etc. If your not in that popular group, they target your children and to quote one administrator at the shool- 'birds of a feather flock together' - even when that person has never met your child. Even those that are not financially well off, try to act as if they are to keep thier children from getting targeted. The shool is nice, and many programs are offered. Most of the teachers, those that aren't retired in place, seem to really care about the kids. If you can make it through the politics, your child might have a shot.

Posted July 28, 2009
This school system is just amazing for my child!

Posted March 29, 2009

Posted December 18, 2006
My daughter transferred here from Warren Central High School. At Warren, she hated school and was getting C's and D's. She wasn't getting attention from teachers who had to devote all their attention to disciplining a lot of unruly kids. At PHHS, she has excelled. She has brought her grades up to all A's and B's and enjoys the relationships she has developed w/ her teachers. They are willing to help her in any way. The guidance counselors have worked with me to ensure she graduates with all her core 40 classes, as well as throwing in some classes which make her experience fun, as well as educational. Sure, I have heard rumors of drugs... but these days, what school doesn't have them? At any school, it requires a high amount of parental involvement to ensure your kid grows up safe, healthy and well-balanced. PHHS is a great place to put your teen.

Posted September 03, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from this school system in 2001, and I believe that if you take a look at the other school systems in the area that this one is the best by far, through elementary I did not excell, but durin high school I as able to expand myself and found what I wanted to do in life through the electives that the school has to offer. I appreciate everything this school system offered me and wish i could do it over again to take advantage of them all, I now have two children and I am planning to send them to the same schools, I would recommend East Elementary over the other elementary's. Pendleton takes pride in providing a good education to their students and I being a graduate and a parents appreciate that.

Pendleton Heights High School 4

Posted February 08, 2005
I am disappointed in the Reading/Resource/ADA program. Many teachers do not check the Resource information to see if any student needs or requires help. My son is in tenth grade and is looking to graduate with a 9th grade reading level. I am tired of fighting the system for help. One on one is the best way - I have paid out $3000 for tutors, etc. Band is the best thing he got into.

Pendleton Heights High School 2

Posted February 08, 2005
I have a daughter who will graduate from PHHS, and she is a struggling C student. Overall, I feel that more needs to be done to heighten the standards at this school. The students are given free reign to make 'simple' or 'easy' class schedules. This school is very happy if they just pass the ISTEP and get out. My daughter has slipped thru the cracks of this school system. It is very easy for a student to 'skate by'. My observation of the courses taken by my child is mostly that bordering ridiculous. Mostly there are 1-2 core courses thrown in with about 10 'electives'. Keyboarding, Ceramics, Death, Technical Theater. Still taking Pre-algebra as a junior! She testifies that drugs are rampant throughout the school and the staff there really has no clue how widespread the problem is. Many of my childs friends are pill poppers or smokers or both.

Posted January 20, 2005
The academic programs ofered there are wonderful and top in the state. As far as the music, art, sports, and other are great to. The parents are involved in all the students are.

Pendleton Heights High School
1 Arabian Drive, Pendleton, IN  46064
Last modified Pendleton Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pendleton Heights High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top