Bad
Good

Posted December 08, 2013
Central is amazing. My son loves going to school and is challenged everyday. As a teacher myself, I can be very picky, and I love the education he is receiving. Every staff member is kind and helpful, I feel very lucky.

Posted December 08, 2013
I've taught at Central for many years and I can honestly say it is one of the best schools you will find. The staff is kind and truly cares about the children. While we aren't perfect we are always looking for ways to improve.

Posted December 06, 2013
The students, staff and parents all work together to make Central an amazing school where kids can learn, have fun and build relationships.

Posted December 06, 2013
Central is a great school with great families, students, and staff. Children enjoy learning and the staff enjoy the children.

Central Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2012
Last year my son attended Central for first grade. I was very unimpressed. As someone new coming into the district I thought the PTA/staff were cliquish and unhelpful. His teacher seemed uninterested and completely focused on just moving the kids through the system. At conferences I got form letters that said "she" instead of "he". Her style of discipline/teaching seemed to be focused on what made the day easier for her instead of what was in the best interest and education/growth of my child (my mother was a elem school teacher so I am well aware of what they have to deal with). She also tried to start the ball rolling on a ADHD label - which is complete b.s (I never heard a word of this from his Kindergarten teacher or in the 4 years he attended daycare/preschool, or his current teacher). He was coming home miserable, saying he hated school, hated reading etc. I actually removed him in Feb and homeschooled him the rest of the year. My suspicions/opinions have been confirmed when we moved to the Brentwood district this year and he is having none of the problems he had in his previous classroom, is making straight As, loves school, and is reading way above grade level.

Posted January 30, 2010
Central is one of the best schools I have seen. Mr. Pickard is also one of the most wonderful teachers I have ever met. He really keeps the student engaged and interested. My grandson absolutely loves him! Great principal, teachers and staff too!

Central Elementary School
110 Wabash Street, Plainfield, IN  46168
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.