Portage, IN
Before care: Yes

Portage Christian School 2

Posted April 01, 2014
I am a HS student at PCS. I looked some of the reviews and I saw none from an actual student. The best thing at PCS are the students. The student body has some great people in who anyone would want to send their kids too. The biggest flaw is the some of the teachers. Now the post about my 11th grader not being able to do math is incorrect to an extent, but there is some truth to that. Our math teacher is definitly not who I would ever pick to teach me math, but she has a lot of classes to teach and the school doesn't provide enough resources. I am also invovled in PCS athletics. I haven't had any bad experiences that would not want to make me want to go out for the team. The spiritual invovled meant at the school is not a lot. Yes you do have a bible class and chapel on Wednesdays, but I feel I am not being pushed to grow spiritually. If I had a choice between sending my kid to Portage High or PCS I would chose PCS. I belive with good leadership and energized staff PCS could be rated five stars. Thanks

Portage Christian School 4

Posted February 26, 2014
The post that claims an 11th grade girl at PCS "doesn't know basic math but has always gotten good grades" is not exactly accurate. The 11th grade is very small so analyzing this claim is easy. Our HS Math teacher is excellent. Grades are earned and Terra Nova testing verifies students abilities. A good grade is an A or B, not C's and D's.

Posted February 26, 2014
Horrible school, the post about the 11th grader that doesn't know basic math is very accurate. Their high school math teacher is not a good teacher. The only "fine arts" class this school has is choir, they don't have an actual art class. You should take your child to another private school or public school, Public schools have WAY more educational opportunities than this school will ever be able to provide. Lastly the tuition is extremely overpriced. If i could rate this 0 out of 5 stars I would.

Portage Christian School 2

Posted February 13, 2014
My daughter is in 11th grade and I realize she doesn't know basic math but has always gotten good grades

Posted July 02, 2013
Our family is looking forward to another great school year at PCS. And now that the school is officially state accredited we are excited to be a part of the amazing opportunities coming this way!

Posted June 19, 2013
It doesn't meet ACSI standards and is very unprofessional. I recommend any other private or public school.

Posted June 18, 2013
I would like to see many improvements with this school. It is very expensive, and it is very unorganized and unprofessional.

Portage Christian School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
I would recommend this school. My two daughters completed two schools years here, and they have excelled. I am very satisfied with there progress in academics, bible knowledge, and adapting sociably. Teacheres are caring and committed

Posted May 06, 2013
I have experienced both Portage public schools and Portage Christian. Portage Christian is definitely the place for my children. The teachers love what they do and are an asset to the academic and spiritual growth of these children.

Posted March 18, 2013
As a teacher and parent at PCS, I've been very impressed with the school from both perspectives. My child has significantly improved in manners, academics, behavior, and happiness since becoming a student. I'm blown away by my child's depth of Bible understanding for one so young. From preschool to kindergarten what sets this school apart is a Christ-centered attitude that affects everything from academics to after school activities. The academics are also excellent, and teachers care, so students get help with their work but are challenged to take responsibility and learn from their actions.

Portage Christian School
3040 Arlene Street, Portage, IN  46368
Last modified Portage Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Portage Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top