Newton Yost Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2013
Constant problems, overcrowded classes, my sons 3rd grade class was 30 kids! Too much negativity in the learning environment instead of positive reinforcement and rewards. My son dreaded going to school.

Newton Yost Elementary School 5

Posted January 17, 2012
Such a great school! I have had one child attend Yost for 2nd through 4th grade, and I have two children attending currently. All of the teachers have been caring and very responsive to questions and concerns. My children have all been challenged to do their best and excel. My eldest was very well-prepared to move on to the intermediate school for 5th grade. The principal is very visible and involved with all the students. The PTO is active and sponsors several activities throughout the year. I agree with the previous poster that Yost mirrors the close-knit Duneland community in which it is located. I would definitely recommend this school.

Newton Yost Elementary School 5

Posted October 26, 2008
My oldest child is a 2nd grader at Yost and we could not be happier with the principal and teachers at this school. She has had the most genuinely caring teachers for the past 3 years. The principal always greets the kids with open arms and knows a little something about each one of them. Yost has the feeling of a small close-knit community with very supportive parents. I am looking forward to sending my middle child to Yost next year!

Newton Yost Elementary School
100 West Beam Street, Porter, IN  46304
Last modified Newton Yost Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newton Yost Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.