Posted April 11, 2012
I went to Richmond HS, Class of 99.... the majority of the teachers were non-caring and non-communicative and allowed you to sleep through class, not do your homework, and skip class. I was an Honor Roll student and on the Swim Team when I started HS, and by the middle of Sophomor year it changed. I hated Richmond High School; I dropped out twice before graduating in night school. I now have my Master's, so it wasn't really my lack of motivation. I know several kids that go to RHS currently, and it hasn't seemed to have changed. Graduating percentatges are low. I moved so my children wouldn't have to go to RHS. I hear Centerville is decent.

Richmond High School 1

Posted October 16, 2010
There's a consistant lack of accurate information with grade level principals addressed to parents and students. Misleading and deceiving parents and students when communicating. Attendance policy is ridiculous. This school should not mark a student absent for being tardy to class. Apparently this school doesn't care about absent percentages. The dress code? It's ridiculous too! The administration is inconsistant and even confused about what students are allowed. to wear during school. I and many others have never witnessed the magnitude of manipulation and the conceded behavior and attitudes of the grade level principals, more so in a particular one! Finally the deception!!! I wouldn't suggest to any parent to enroll their child(ren) at Richmond High School.

Richmond High School 0

Posted September 29, 2009
This is the worst school to send your children to. I attended this school up until my senior year in 2008, then transferred for my graduation. The faculty and staff are a joke, never paying attention to the children, and trying to focus on a bigger problem, such as the dress code. Grades are awful throughout the whole school due merely to the teachers inability to communicate with students successfully. I suggest sending your children to Seton, or Centerville.

Richmond High School 1

Posted October 19, 2008

Richmond High School 4

Posted January 29, 2008
Looking beyond the new graduation rate of 60%, Richmond High School is a school where students can show pride, and students really do care about what is going on. Most students have a strong sense of well being and they know school is important. Personally I like Richmond.

Posted August 23, 2007
Academically speaking, this school is very lacking. The classes were not challenging to our child, and they could not meet her needs as an honor student. Even though there seemed to be teachers on their guard, there also seemed to be an issue of our child's safety at school. Granted, the 2007 school year began with new administration so maybe things just haven't gotten settled yet. As far as our child (who had formerly been home-schooled and was a self-learner), we withdrew her from the school and resumed home-schooling. I would not recommend this school at this time. It was a real disappointment; given its large size and access to resources, we had hoped things would have been better.

Richmond High School 5

Posted May 08, 2007

Posted April 27, 2007
The quality of the academic programs is mediocre. This school has a low graduation rate (54%) and is forcusing on raising that number at the cost of higher level courses. I would not recommend this school to anyone who has a high achieving student or a student with a learning disability. Unless your student is an independent thinker,has a strong sense of self, and is able to withstand peer pressure, it is not safe.

Posted April 21, 2007

Richmond High School 4

Posted April 22, 2006
- a former student
Richmond High School offers a wide variety of courses as well as a diverse population of students. This school provides a wonderful educational opportunity for students.

Richmond High School
380 Hub Etchison Parkway, Richmond, IN  47374
Last modified Richmond High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.