Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers try and do what they can with absolutely no support from the administration.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They don't give any homework. The students wouldn't do it anyway, and the administration would force the teachers to give credit for it even though it wasn't done.

The students at this school are totally out of control. They are allowed to get away with everything with just a slap on the wrist. Cell phones are commonplace in class instead of learning and the teachers are forced to just pass them along to keep the state rating higher than it should be. The students are allowed to be disrespectful, fight each other without consequences, and if the teachers try to do anything about it, they are reprimanded instead of the students. Send your students to nearby Centerville if possible. That school has great students with great behavior, and they teach the students what they need to know, not how to pass a test.

I went to Richmond HS, Class of 99.... the majority of the teachers were non-caring and non-communicative and allowed you to sleep through class, not do your homework, and skip class. I was an Honor Roll student and on the Swim Team when I started HS, and by the middle of Sophomor year it changed. I hated Richmond High School; I dropped out twice before graduating in night school. I now have my Master's, so it wasn't really my lack of motivation. I know several kids that go to RHS currently, and it hasn't seemed to have changed. Graduating percentatges are low. I moved so my children wouldn't have to go to RHS. I hear Centerville is decent.

There's a consistant lack of accurate information with grade level principals addressed to parents and students. Misleading and deceiving parents and students when communicating. Attendance policy is ridiculous. This school should not mark a student absent for being tardy to class. Apparently this school doesn't care about absent percentages. The dress code? It's ridiculous too! The administration is inconsistant and even confused about what students are allowed. to wear during school. I and many others have never witnessed the magnitude of manipulation and the conceded behavior and attitudes of the grade level principals, more so in a particular one! Finally the deception!!! I wouldn't suggest to any parent to enroll their child(ren) at Richmond High School.

This is the worst school to send your children to. I attended this school up until my senior year in 2008, then transferred for my graduation. The faculty and staff are a joke, never paying attention to the children, and trying to focus on a bigger problem, such as the dress code. Grades are awful throughout the whole school due merely to the teachers inability to communicate with students successfully. I suggest sending your children to Seton, or Centerville.

Looking beyond the new graduation rate of 60%, Richmond High School is a school where students can show pride, and students really do care about what is going on. Most students have a strong sense of well being and they know school is important. Personally I like Richmond.

Academically speaking, this school is very lacking. The classes were not challenging to our child, and they could not meet her needs as an honor student. Even though there seemed to be teachers on their guard, there also seemed to be an issue of our child's safety at school. Granted, the 2007 school year began with new administration so maybe things just haven't gotten settled yet. As far as our child (who had formerly been home-schooled and was a self-learner), we withdrew her from the school and resumed home-schooling. I would not recommend this school at this time. It was a real disappointment; given its large size and access to resources, we had hoped things would have been better.

The quality of the academic programs is mediocre. This school has a low graduation rate (54%) and is forcusing on raising that number at the cost of higher level courses. I would not recommend this school to anyone who has a high achieving student or a student with a learning disability. Unless your student is an independent thinker,has a strong sense of self, and is able to withstand peer pressure, it is not safe.

Last modified Richmond High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.