7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 14, 2013
There are just as many problems at Seton! The HS Principal ignores bad behavior and allows bullying to continue in the halls, gym, etc. The teachers try to interrupt the bullies, but can only go so far, as they fear loosing their jobs and are bullied by Mr. R. It is a pathetic excuse for Christian behavior!

Posted October 29, 2012
Elementary grades are great! Junior/Senior High School has some MAJOR issues! NOT all kids are treated equally!

Posted October 16, 2012
I have had my kids enrolled in Catholic schools since they were in preschool. Although I can think of other ways that I could have spent those tuition dollars, none of them would have had a better return on the investment for our family. My kids are in high school now and I have never regretted the decision to keep them in Seton. They are getting an excellent education with individualized attention. Their teachers know them! Is Seton a perfect place? No way. We are all humans with our human failings, and these are all kids who do kid things. But is Seton a great place for a kid to grow up? Oh yeah! The teachers at Seton help the kids see the things they do as right or wrong and guide them a better direction when they need it. Not only are they being prepared academically for their next step in life, but they are being guided morally to be the best person they can be for the rest of their life. Now that is a great return on your investment!

Seton Catholic High School 4

Posted February 21, 2011
Seton school is good but it struggles keeping kids from 8th grade to 9th grade. The tuition doubles to around $5,500/student. Funds are available to reduce the pain of tuition the 1st year in High School. The average reduction is around 20%. After the first year your on your own. There is no reduction in tuition in High School if you have more than one child. Some kids get reduced tuition if there parents work for the school. The priest has helped some families attend. I do not know where or if there are funds for families in need. It is a big drain on the family income. The senior class is usually around 15-20. There are clicks just like everywhere. If sports are the reason you want your child to attend you may be disappointed. They may be on a team but may sit the bench. I hope we are making the right decision sending are kids to Seton. Most teachers at Seton are excellent. It does amaze me how disrespectful some kids are to their teachers and classmates even in a Catholic school. Seton is a member of IHSAA. There are good coaches an not so good coaches. Seems like winning is paramount to some coaches over the development of the child just like public schools.

Seton Catholic High School

Posted October 03, 2009
Seton Catholic High School is a wonderful school for all types of kids! They do their best to accomodate to all learning styles and are always willing to help out.

Posted December 08, 2005
Both of my children have attended Seton since preschool, and we would have it no other way. My daughter has some trouble in some areas and all of the teachers work so well with her and myself. She isn't made fun of at all, on the contrary, her peers go the distance to help her when she seems to need it. I recommend Seton to any and all who are looking for a positive and academically challenging school for their child/ren.

Posted July 14, 2004
I transferred my children to Seton Catholic when my son was going into third grade and my daughter was going into first grade after noticing my children were not learning enough because of the disrupting, bad behavior of other students in the public school. This was an issue that the school's principal was aware of, but would not deal with. The first year was rough because Seton is about 1-2 years ahead of the public schools. My children received the tutoring they needed and 3 years later are doing very well. My children and I are very happy with the choice we made. We have noticed that the children that attend this school all seem to get along and work well with each other. There is not any children made fun of, or that seem to 'not fit in.'

Posted April 12, 2004
I know too many kids who attend Seton that have foul mouths, are disrespectful to adults and are all around brats. I'm tired of the students and their parents acting like they are better than everybody else because they attend Seton. This is not Christian like behavior and as a Catholic I am ashamed.

Seton Catholic High School
233 South 5th Street, Richmond, IN  47374
Last modified Seton Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.