K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

There are students who will grow incredibly at New Creations. There are others who will eschew everything to chart a course for destruction. The opportunity is there for every student to choose.

What this school is: Transformative. What this school isn't: Coddling. I know that's not popular in an era of schools boasting on-campus spas, five-star chefs, and more extracurricular fun activities than a cruise ship. I like all those things (I do!) but there is something very fundamental lost in the growth of a young individual when the emphasis is on the school's offerings, not the experience or the overarching goal of the school. What is the goal? Students prepared for real life. A life in which they will work and serve with joy, step up to the plate (I mean the plate of responsibility, not fine cuisine, they'll need to earn that), respect themselves and one another, and see what they can accomplish in this world. What happened to the benchmark of character-building as a preparation for the future? I don't mean this harshly, but speculatively. Somewhere there was a paradigm shift, and New Creations gets back to the real business of transforming lives from "it's all about me" to "what's my best next step?" I am as impressed with New Creations now as I was 15 years ago.

Develops character: Disagree

This school breeds fear hate and resentment I can say this because I attended the school

- Beautiful campus - Fast enrollment - No licensed therapists/counselors - Charismatic church services lasting hours at a time w/speaking in tongues, wailing, etc. - Very limited extracurriculars - Almost no communication to parents (exception: weekly report card emailed 5 days after end of period) - Meals not health conscious (or tasty) - Pleas/suggestions for changes sent to board ignored - Letters sent home not mailed promptly - Enrollment dropped from 13 to 8 boys in 8 months; staff turned over approx. 5 positions

I work with the most selfless hard working people on the planet. There is 24/7 staff supervision in both dorms. Children are taught respect and discipline. I have witnessed the effectiveness of this school. We pour our lives into these kids. We see their lives changed for the better! I expect parents of students who have been expelled to not write poor reviews, however I see their disgruntled nature exposing itself.

I would like to let other parents know there is a lack of supervision in boys dorm. Qualified staff member is very lax. Think twice and thoroughly check out everything. There is a list of excellent schools.

New Creations is a private boarding school which has been located in the Richmond, Indiana area since 1969. They also have a Christian school for students local to the Richmond area, though the bulk of their focus is definitely on their residential program. Students come from all over the United States, particularly the states immediately surrounding the school, though they do have some foreign students. Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and the guy students are kept separate from the girls. I've been on the campus for visits several times over the past several years and have had great interaction with staff and students and the administration. I've been quite impressed, overall. Their property (lake, river, fields, woods) is impressive, and they have growth goals all mapped out in regards to how they hope to develop their property and expand the training they have available. New Creations is very much a Christian institution - in contrast with schools which are merely religious in name only. The administration is very passionate about what they do. It's not an organization in it for the money. The staff I observed were sacrificially serving for the youth.

I attended NCC for eighteen months. It was a hard experience because I was away from my family, but the people at NCC helped me grow tremendously.

This is a place where teens can grow spiritually and learn to make better choices. They have been around a long time too!

The staff and everything about New Creations is designed for healing for the teen and the whole family. Parents who have nowhere else to turn can with confidence turn here for help with their teen."

Last modified New Creations Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12