Posted October 09, 2012
We are new to public school from homeschooling. There was a lot of problems with his first teacher's lack of communication and seemingly unwilling to try. However, the new principal was the key here. She reached out, she made the effort, she got him placed in a different class, with a wonderful teacher that my son and myself love to pieces. This teacher challenges him, keeps him doing the things he has been doing even if it is not right in line with the rest of the class. She gives him harder spelling words because he knows the ones the class is working on. She gives him multiplication w his math, because that's what he was working on in homeschool. She took on the extra challenge by choice. Thats a real genuinely caring and good teacher. The new principal is wonderful. She has a lot of experience with special needs children. She is very involved in the academics. She got a new spelling curriculum in place for the school. She genuinely cares and makes the effort. She is the best. Honestly, I was ready to hate the school before he started there, but we seriously love it at Prairie View. My son is learning things in school I never did. They have a computer lab & a science lab too!

Prairie View Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2009

Prairie View Elementary School 3

Posted May 13, 2009
My children go to praire view elem.and we have had problem after problem(only with my son)they dont know how to deal with the special needs children(ADHD/ADD/Bi-Polar etc.etc)they tell you they are but the way they handle my son tells me differant.Most of the teachers are great but there are some bad ones,thier state guidelines for the special needs children are non existant(they wont give me a copy)There soloution is to medicate and keep them medicated.Is that really a solution?They need someone from the Madison Center to help them cuz they deal with room fulls of kids like them for 10 hrs.a day.

Posted May 06, 2009

Posted July 20, 2008
We moved to the New Prairie schools from the Hobart schools and have seen our son do so much better since the move. At first he had some problems fitting in but after a year he has made good friends and likes going to school!

Prairie View Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2008

Prairie View Elementary School
6434 East 700 North, Rolling Prairie, IN  46371
Last modified Prairie View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top