Posted August 29, 2014
The leadership at the middle school is horrible. Teachers do not answer emails or return calls. The principal does not seem to want parents involved at all. The staff does not seem to care about the individual student. There is no flexibility! It's going to be a long year. I WILL keep FIGHTING for the students! I really regret sending my child there.

Posted November 02, 2008
This school is ausome because their is no bullys. The education is great and there is a lot of school dances.

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted March 04, 2008
As you progress through Western each school gets worse then the prior one. There are so many discipline problems at this school. The new principals are trying to handle it, but with little support from home it's almost a lost cause. The academics are good compared to the city school corporation, but with the excpetion of one - the county schools other then Western are superior. I'd head east!

Posted February 07, 2008
Coming from a big city schools I expected to find less activities for my children but found just the opposite. They even offer swimming to the kids. It might be a country school but definately a place to get an aducation.

Western Middle School 2

Posted May 30, 2007
- a former student
WMS is where Western really lost me. Primary was great, Intermediate not so much, and Middle is just mediocre. Western is a great school for kids who are ambitious or self-motivated. They are given opportunities and awards and are helped along by teachers. Kids who are not are lost in the shuffle. If you're an athlete, Western is perfect. There's no diversity, no arts, no culture, and no drive to better oneself.

Posted November 02, 2005
This school is the best. If you go to western, you will be expected to pass on their extra tough grading scale. If you ae looking for a school for your child, choose Western.

Western Middle School 3

Posted October 18, 2005

Posted July 08, 2005
I go to this school and I am currrently going in to the eighth grade all of my teachers have been wonderful, they have taught me things for life not just the indiana academic standerds. In sixth grade none of the older students pick on you. We also have an outstanding swiming and track team, we have adv. classes and above avg. classes. we also compete in the acdemic bowls (spelling,geography,science) I just want to thank all of my teachers!!!!

Posted April 03, 2005
I am a student that goes to this school. i am greatly honored to say this,this school is great they work with your kids #1 needs in all the areas that the child is in need of i want to thank all the staff for this outstanding achievement.

Western Middle School
2600 County Road S 600 West, Russiaville, IN  46979
Last modified Western Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.