Posted July 24, 2012
I have two young children at this school and am very pleased with the progress my children have made here. The Principle goes above and beyond any I have ever met and always greets everyone with a smile! I wouldnt move my kids to anywhere else. VERY PLEASED PARENT!

James H Watson Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2009
I have had children in this school system from K - 3rd.In my experiences they are great if your child does not need extra help.But if your child is add/ adhd or they think they are then they want them on the drugs and if you are not willing to drug your child than they frown on you. I feel there is too much emphasis on the schools 4 star rating than helping the children who need the help.i am still struggling with this school and am very disappointed in the teacher this year already.All I have to say is a parent knows their child best so do not let a school system bully you because they want all the kids above average so they look good.Some kids learn at a different pace and they will have to accept that !!!

James H Watson Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Because the kindergarten teacher inspires the students to learn. She uses songs and music to help in memorizing how to spell words, name days of the week, months in the year, etc. She uses positive reinforcement and the students enjoy learning as a result. This teacher studied in England where they have the best schools with regard to kindergarten and elementary education.

James H Watson Elementary School 0

Posted September 14, 2008

Posted July 27, 2008
From the Principal on down, everyone is very kind.

Posted November 01, 2007
I have 2 kids at this school currently and 1 who just moved on to middle school. All have had wonderful teachers each and every year. I have been extremely pleased with the education they are getting, as well as a proper atmosphere for learning. I feel confident that Watson will prepare them for anything that lies ahead.

Posted May 10, 2005

Posted September 05, 2004
Watson is overall, a great school. My son attended Watson for Kindergarten and 1st grade. His K teacher, Mrs Brokaw,is simply the best there is, she is the epitome of 'kindergarten teacher'. Mr Buckner is a fantastic principal who carries a great rapport with the students. The PTO is great and has a variety of fun activities for the students throughout the school year. We were sad to have to leave the watson school district!

James H Watson Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2004
- a former student

James H Watson Elementary School
333 West 77th Avenue, Schererville, IN  46375
Last modified James H Watson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James H Watson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.