Posted January 03, 2013
I'm very pleased with the education provided by the staff at Homan. It's an excellent school with tremendous teachers! Very high standards for all students.

Homan Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2012
Notice none of these reviews are current. That's because Homan has gone so far downhill in recent years. Not a fan of Homan Elementary and moving my children elsewhere. School is so focused on children with special needs that kids of average ability slip through the cracks. Classes aren't overly large, but kids just don't get what they need from the teachers. Teacher/parent communication is lacking. Curriculum is AWFUL. The only reason my kids have learned math is because I teach them at home. Reading groups are led by unskilled teacher's aides. There are good teachers mixed in, but good luck if you don't get one of them!

Homan Elementary School 0

Posted July 27, 2009
this school is great!!! staff and all

Posted October 01, 2008
I love this school! The teachers are amazingly dedicated, as well as the new principal. The PTO has done so much for our children!

Posted May 28, 2008
I am truly impressed by the academic level of this school. My child was able to read, write and spell by the end of Kindergarten. Each year she excelled. The incentives to learn are very creative. Homan has exceeded my expectations.

Homan Elementary School 1

Posted April 14, 2008
I am rating this school on it's approach to today's issues. My family experienced a very different side of Mr. Kellogg as well as the school. Due to economic hardship we moved out of district and without so much as a 'can we help' they kicked my 5 yr old out of school. Thankfully I am a determined parent and I found the McKinney Vento act that protects children and families from this type of treatment. I got my daughter back in school for the remainder of the year but have yet to get an apology from Mr. Kellogg. I am hoping to enroll my daughter in district outside of Lake Central...

Homan Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2007
My entire family is very happy with Homan Elementary overall, however, we do wish they offered intermurals/after school activities.

Homan Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2007
All 3 of my children attended this school. I can't express how wonderful this school is. Homan has a faculty of teachers that are so dedicated to preparing our children for the future. Mr. Kellog is thee most professional and dedicated principal I have ever met. I applaud him for an outstanding job!

Posted June 20, 2006
Caring teachers. Extra help when needed when asked of teachers. Nice environment. My daughters both loved attending this school!

Homan Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2006

Homan Elementary School
210 East Joliet Street, Schererville, IN  46375
Last modified Homan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Homan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.