Bad
Good

The school is simply not as good as the grade it was given. There should be more focus on teaching the children. This school has way too many outside people trying to do what the teacher's job is supposed to be.

Very experienced teachers with alot of structure. Alot of lesson planning with guides. The Adventure Club is a Great Bonus! The bus driver is prompt ans knows all the kids by their name. Very happy!!!

I'm very pleased with the education provided by the staff at Homan. It's an excellent school with tremendous teachers! Very high standards for all students.

Notice none of these reviews are current. That's because Homan has gone so far downhill in recent years. Not a fan of Homan Elementary and moving my children elsewhere. School is so focused on children with special needs that kids of average ability slip through the cracks. Classes aren't overly large, but kids just don't get what they need from the teachers. Teacher/parent communication is lacking. Curriculum is AWFUL. The only reason my kids have learned math is because I teach them at home. Reading groups are led by unskilled teacher's aides. There are good teachers mixed in, but good luck if you don't get one of them!

this school is great!!! staff and all

I love this school! The teachers are amazingly dedicated, as well as the new principal. The PTO has done so much for our children!

I am truly impressed by the academic level of this school. My child was able to read, write and spell by the end of Kindergarten. Each year she excelled. The incentives to learn are very creative. Homan has exceeded my expectations.

I am rating this school on it's approach to today's issues. My family experienced a very different side of Mr. Kellogg as well as the school. Due to economic hardship we moved out of district and without so much as a 'can we help' they kicked my 5 yr old out of school. Thankfully I am a determined parent and I found the McKinney Vento act that protects children and families from this type of treatment. I got my daughter back in school for the remainder of the year but have yet to get an apology from Mr. Kellogg. I am hoping to enroll my daughter in district outside of Lake Central...

My entire family is very happy with Homan Elementary overall, however, we do wish they offered intermurals/after school activities.

All 3 of my children attended this school. I can't express how wonderful this school is. Homan has a faculty of teachers that are so dedicated to preparing our children for the future. Mr. Kellog is thee most professional and dedicated principal I have ever met. I applaud him for an outstanding job!

Last modified Homan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.