Posted February 20, 2013
The change in score evaluation had a negative impact on schools that maintain above average scores from year to year. Specifically, a school that performed above average, but did not have higher test scores from the previous year, received a lower score than a school that had lower than average test scores in 2011, but raised them the next. Silver Creek, by all measures, should have received its usual "A" rating, however, due to the change in the way test scores were evaluated, it was given a "B". The good news is that there's been a change of command with determing how ISTEP scores will be evaluated in the future.

Posted October 31, 2012
My son is in 2nd grade and has special needs. These are not a hindrance in his growth and success. His teachers are constantly keeping our lines of communication open and we constantly challenge my son to "raise the bar" toward his next levels of success. His challenges are just that...challenges...and his teachers help guide and direct my son to overcome said challenges and be successful. KUDOS to all teachers, OT, administrators for caring about our children!!

Posted June 02, 2010
This is a really large school, but on the classroom level, it is no different than a smaller, average-sized school community as far as the level of attention teachers give students. My daughter enjoys going to achool and learning and being with her friends.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers really care about the students.

Posted August 03, 2009

Silver Creek Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2009
Everyone involved in educating any child with a disability needs to receive further training and education in this area. Training should be encouraged and consistent.

Posted January 06, 2009
My kids truly have enjoyed this school. I love how they encourage the parents to be involvled. The teacher truly want to see your child succeed@

Silver Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2007

Posted January 27, 2007
This school has been great for our family. My husband and I graduated from neighboring district Greater Clark and we wanted our children to attend a smaller school with a better reputation. So far, we have not had a single complaint about Silver Creek. My son looks forward to going to school and has developed a wonderful sense of responsibility for his homework and punctuality.

Posted October 30, 2006
My daughter is in kindergarten so I don't know that much about extra curricular activities. But she loves going to school and she loves her teacher. I am very happy with how things are going. Silver Creek is small enough that it is a small town school, but big enough to offer alot of extras. At this point, there is no other school that I would consider sending my daughter to.

Silver Creek Elementary School
503 North Indiana Avenue, Sellersburg, IN  47172
Last modified Silver Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.