Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter has only had Kindergarten at Rock Creek so far, but I have really seen great things out of her. The teachers have really good communication with the parents and her Kindergarten class is reading at a first grade level. She brings about 15 minutes of homework home each day except for Friday and they take spelling tests each week. Mrs. Winchester is an awesome teacher who really cares about the kids.

Posted April 08, 2013
My daughter attended this school in 8th grade and is back for 10th grade. We took a year of home schooling for a variety of reasons, including allowing her some time to mature at home. We couldn't be happier to be a part of the Rock Creek family. I wouldn't even know where to start, but let me just say that the school doesn't just brush bullying under the rug like so many other schools. They truly care about the welfare of the student. The academics are probably what you take from them. My daughter has been struggling in math and they've been giving her the help she needs. I've already seen an improvement. If you aren't sure about whether a charter school is right for you, I would visit, talk to some of the students and staff. It is the right place for my daughter. Our family loves it. We are thankful we were able to get back in this year. There is often a waiting list and we did have a short wait to get in, but luckily there was an opening. ~ Lori

Posted August 02, 2012
Last year was the first year my son attended Rock Creek. I could not have been more pleased. The staff and teachers really care about the students. I never seen this kind of dedication in the public school my did attend.

Rock Creek Community Academy 4

Posted April 25, 2012
I LOVE the elementary school! Both my daughters have teachers who care, and although one of the other reviews said this is a school for those academically behind, my eldest daughter is in an extremely advanced class. Two yrs in a row, the elementary Destination Imagination team has gone to state and placed so high, they have then gone to TN. I have subbed for almost every teacher, and I've been impressed for the hardwork being put forth by teachers and students.

Posted April 10, 2012
I find the negative review on here really surprising. We feel our 6 year old is so blessed to be attending Rock Creek Community Academy. It is a fanastic school that has great teachers who not only teach advanced academics, but how to be a good person. We absolutely could not be happier with our son's education and surroundings while at school.

Rock Creek Community Academy 1

Posted January 23, 2012
This is definitely not a school for every student. If your child is academically behind, this is a great school for him because he will be with others who are similar academically. If your child is a bully, or has behavioral issues, he will fit right in with the rest of the students. If your child thrives in a disorganized environment, then this is the school for them!

Posted January 21, 2012
My son receives excellent instruction. They also teach manners at RCCA! "Yes, Mam/Sir" is required. I love that!

Rock Creek Community Academy
11515 U.S. HIghway 31, Sellersburg, IN  47172
Last modified Rock Creek Community Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Creek Community Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.