Seymour Middle School 5

Posted February 04, 2011
amazing school, amazing hygiene, amazing education, it is the only school that i recommend to everyone

Posted November 09, 2009

Posted July 16, 2009

Posted August 09, 2007
I'm a student at SMS and I have to disagree with the other parents who have reviewed it; it's a great school, and yes there are some bullies and such but you get that no matter where you are and I like it a LOT more then the private school I used to go to. Also, the teachers are very kind; and their counselors are the best! They have almost any sport / activity you can think of and a great music program. The parents involvement includes meetings with all of the teachers at least once a quarter, with just the parents and their kids. I recommend this school to anyone!

Posted November 08, 2005
I am also very disappointed with this school. I have had nothing but issues with this school with regards to my children. I also disagree with the fact that they portray the image that they 'care' about the students and that they provide a safe environment. They turn a blind eye when children are being harassed and bullied by other students! I also am relocating out of the area to be sure that my children receive a better education!

Seymour Middle School 2

Posted July 02, 2005
When my son's 6th yr started out, the teachers were very involved with me concerning my son, as the year went on, everyone seemed to care less and less that I felt my son was falling through the cracks. The teachers go in and put in time to get a paycheck, but most do not attempt to help a student learn. I have to say that Ms. J. Miller is the exception, she went above the call of duty to be there for my son. He has an emotional disability and they would rather sweep him under the rug then to take a little extra time to help him with his learning...I am puttin him in a Christan school the next few years. It is a shame that we can't be proud of our schools and not have to pay extra money to insure our kid's safty and what they're taught.

Posted September 16, 2004
SMS is doing their job! I was torn between a private school and SMS,but I didn't want to allow my son to avoid real-life problems. My son has had a few problems,the teachers called me in & now we communicate daily. His teachers are very concerned & wishing to help in any way possible.The school can't be blamed for all of our children's problems. My son knows that if something happens, I usually know about it by time I get him from school, because his teachers and I email often. HE KNOWS WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER & THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!I am sending a thank you to all the teachers that are in my son's life. They are doing their jobs well! I am happy I made the choice to send my son to SMS. Tiffany

Posted June 28, 2004
I totally agree with the other parent! Seymour Middle School is horrible excuse for a school. We are moving so that my kids will not have to go again. My duaghter had problems with bullies fro two years and we kept contacting school and district but they never did anything. Do not send your kids there.

Posted January 27, 2004
As a parent of children in this school, I would like to say that the school is lacking to say the least. The manner which the teachers are permitted to speak to our children or about our children is an outrage. And if there is a problem, you get no help from the school or the administration department. When numerous complaints have been made from many people in the community and nothing is done, there is a serious problem. When a child is in need of additional help w/ schooling and they are turned away, there is a serious problem. And when school workers acknowledge a problem to a parent but cannot do anything for fear of their own job, there is a serious problem. I would not recommend this school to children considering all the problems myself and many other parents have had w/ this school.

Seymour Middle School
920 North Obrien Street, Seymour, IN  47274
Last modified Seymour Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seymour Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.