Posted June 02, 2014
We are very happy with Tarkington! Teachers and staff are wonderful! Principal and teachers work hard to ensure each child receives a quality education. Staff is great at working through any issues that students or parents may be concerned with. If you're looking for a school that will provide an excellent education along with a family oriented atmosphere than please check this school out!

Posted August 09, 2013
My daughter attended Tarkington Elementary for the first time last year as a kindergarten student. We choose Tarkington b/c of the family oriented atmosphere, student to teacher ratio (my daughter had 21 students in her class, one teacher, and one full time aid), and parent involvement. Out of all the schools I visited, Tarkington had the friendliest, most professional teachers and staff! Definately check this school out before making your decision.The principal is wonderful too!

Tarkington Traditional Center 1

Posted July 31, 2013
This school has some caring teachers. The principal started out strong but has lost some vital components in keeping a positive school atmosphere. I am a parent and have been in the school several years. I have heard teachers in the lounge talking about students in awful ways and about each other. Nothing seems to be addressed with this issue. Just as long as an A average is maintained then I guess teachers can say and act anyway they want. This does not apply to all the teachers. This unprofessionalism is sad. I hope that it improves or I will soon pull my child out.

Posted February 28, 2013
This school has an amazing administrator and teachers. Our kindergarten experience this year has been outstanding, and we are bringing our youngest here for kindergarten next year.

Posted September 22, 2009
Tarkington has the greatest Principal, teachers, staff, parents and students.

Posted September 16, 2009
The principal, the teachers, the students, the parents.....all of them together are what makes Tarkington the best school in South Bend!!

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and staff at Tarkington are completely involved with ensuring that your child succeeds. This is a family oriented school that welcomes all to help in any way possible. They keep great communication between the school and the families. This school is by far the best you can get in this area!

Posted September 16, 2009
So far, Tarkington has shown me that the teachers, principal, and parents etc...are dedicated to having the students succeed. Through the years, I have never heard a bad thing said about Tarkington and that is the reason why we chose to send our daughter there.

Posted September 16, 2009
Awesome school! I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else! The staff, the students, the parents.....everyone works together.

Posted September 09, 2009
Wow! I could go on on about how great this is. My daughter transferred to Tarkingtion fn first grade and was quite a bit behind their first grade reading curriculum,however, it was immediately reconized and addressed. Within 2 months she was not only caught up, but above grade level, without feeling overwhelmed due to their very unique and concentrated teaching techniques...she left 1st grade reading at a 4th grade + level. Just one example of this great school. Highly recommended for involved parents!

Tarkington Traditional Center
3414 Hepler Street, South Bend, IN  46635
Last modified Tarkington Traditional Center is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tarkington Traditional Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.