Bad
Good

We really like the principal and staff, they really love the students and it shows!

We are very happy with Tarkington! Teachers and staff are wonderful! Principal and teachers work hard to ensure each child receives a quality education. Staff is great at working through any issues that students or parents may be concerned with. If you're looking for a school that will provide an excellent education along with a family oriented atmosphere than please check this school out!

My daughter attended Tarkington Elementary for the first time last year as a kindergarten student. We choose Tarkington b/c of the family oriented atmosphere, student to teacher ratio (my daughter had 21 students in her class, one teacher, and one full time aid), and parent involvement. Out of all the schools I visited, Tarkington had the friendliest, most professional teachers and staff! Definately check this school out before making your decision.The principal is wonderful too!

This school has some caring teachers. The principal started out strong but has lost some vital components in keeping a positive school atmosphere. I am a parent and have been in the school several years. I have heard teachers in the lounge talking about students in awful ways and about each other. Nothing seems to be addressed with this issue. Just as long as an A average is maintained then I guess teachers can say and act anyway they want. This does not apply to all the teachers. This unprofessionalism is sad. I hope that it improves or I will soon pull my child out.

This school has an amazing administrator and teachers. Our kindergarten experience this year has been outstanding, and we are bringing our youngest here for kindergarten next year.

Tarkington has the greatest Principal, teachers, staff, parents and students.

The principal, the teachers, the students, the parents.....all of them together are what makes Tarkington the best school in South Bend!!

The teachers and staff at Tarkington are completely involved with ensuring that your child succeeds. This is a family oriented school that welcomes all to help in any way possible. They keep great communication between the school and the families. This school is by far the best you can get in this area!

So far, Tarkington has shown me that the teachers, principal, and parents etc...are dedicated to having the students succeed. Through the years, I have never heard a bad thing said about Tarkington and that is the reason why we chose to send our daughter there.

Awesome school! I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else! The staff, the students, the parents.....everyone works together.

Last modified Tarkington Traditional Center is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.