Posted December 09, 2013
I am currently a student at Clay (8th grade) and i've completed 5th through 7th so far. The teaching is very good but the principal is ehh (it's been better for me i guess because my parents are personal friends with her). The students well most are easy to get along with. Last school year my a couple of my friends and i had a long-term fight that lasted several months, but we managed to become best friends again. You just have to pick the right people to become friends with (which isnt hard).

Posted November 13, 2013
My granddaughter was jumped by two girls on school property today, they throw her phone in a mud puddle and beat her up! The school has failed to protect her and others even though my daughter has made complaints,the school said girls will be girls, and this age is difficult. I just want to know where adult supervision is at this time? She never wants to go to school, and now this happens, they will have to drag her in the doors! So, I went on Facebook and one of her attackers has posted about this, and how she is suspended for 5 days, vacation if you ask me! My granddaughter gets beat n them vacation time?lmao

Posted July 31, 2013
I went to this school for 3 years as a student. Once you get friends, it is awesome! Yeah, it may be not as good as other schools but this place is so fun. I don't know if Mr. Morgan is still there (horrible 5th grade teacher), but it was still fun. That was the experience I had, you know every kid will have differnt experiences. The kids here are real! Not the ones that the only problem in there life is when the next season of some dramatic tv show will come out. These kids know about tough times, and it helps you out when you are in a tough time too. The pizza for lunch isn't the best around, but the fried chicken is AWESOME! I'm just thinking what to say about this place. It's a fun place to go, but as I said every kid will have a different experience. Just make sure you have some street smarts. :)

Clay Intermediate Center 1

Posted July 31, 2013
[My school is ...] My daughter is going to write something about how kids can have fun at this school. Parents, please do not be led into thinking there is anything acceptable about this school. The teachers ARE WONDERFUL but they have to spend 90% of their time managing the disrespectful kids in class. I substituted in the sbcsc many days but never encountered as many "scary" kids as I did in Clay. I am a huge fan of public school. I don't believe in sheltering my kids too much. HOWEVER if you're reading reviews for schools your child has the opportunity to attend you're already overqualified to send your children to Clay I. C. You won't be happy with the clientele this school services.

Clay Intermediate Center 5

Posted June 01, 2013
I think that there is only one teacher that is good Mr. Schmidt because he helped me pass the istep

Clay Intermediate Center 1

Posted May 17, 2013
my school is a 1 because there is mices here and the teachers poor addutide

Posted August 14, 2012
Terrible school. Its like a sanctuary for drugs, violence, and disrespectful children. Kids get in fights and are "suspended" but you see them the very next day. NO disciplinary action whatsoever towards students, and disgustingly low academic standards. Sending your child here will be one of the worst deciscions of your life. After four LONG years, I am jumping with joy that I finally am a freshman and I am out of that school. Take my word, parents.

Clay Intermediate Center 3

Posted October 13, 2011
I have been told there is a new principal at Clay Middle and some very good 5th grade teachers. I would like to know if this principal is doing a better job than the previous one. This was once an excellent school. Why can't it be turned around?

Posted June 01, 2011
I visited this school and I was not impressed by it. Scores are low and students seemed unhappy, distracted, and annoyed to be there. I do not know how politicians survive in this district! I wish they can improve...

Posted November 11, 2010
i have 3 kids that go to clay middle and my kids keep getting bullied and nothing is getting done. this is a great school for learning but when it comes down to fighting and discipline they do nothing about it. im seriously considering tranfering my kids school. very unhappy with the way things are going when it comes to bullying.

Clay Intermediate Center
52900 Lily Road, South Bend, IN  46637
Last modified Clay Intermediate Center is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clay Intermediate Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top