Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Some teachers were not interested in even being there, while a few are outstanding. Unfortunately those who cared are out weighed by the ones who don't.

My daughter has been a victim of bullying for well over 2.5 years. I have been to the school many, many times with a promise that "something would be done"..but that hasn't proven true. Every time I visit the school, many of the kids are loud and disrespectful to staff and each other. I really wish I had a different option for a middle school because my kids are not happy here.

I am currently a student at Clay (8th grade) and i've completed 5th through 7th so far. The teaching is very good but the principal is ehh (it's been better for me i guess because my parents are personal friends with her). The students well most are easy to get along with. Last school year my a couple of my friends and i had a long-term fight that lasted several months, but we managed to become best friends again. You just have to pick the right people to become friends with (which isnt hard).

My granddaughter was jumped by two girls on school property today, they throw her phone in a mud puddle and beat her up! The school has failed to protect her and others even though my daughter has made complaints,the school said girls will be girls, and this age is difficult. I just want to know where adult supervision is at this time? She never wants to go to school, and now this happens, they will have to drag her in the doors! So, I went on Facebook and one of her attackers has posted about this, and how she is suspended for 5 days, vacation if you ask me! My granddaughter gets beat n them vacation time?lmao

I went to this school for 3 years as a student. Once you get friends, it is awesome! Yeah, it may be not as good as other schools but this place is so fun. I don't know if Mr. Morgan is still there (horrible 5th grade teacher), but it was still fun. That was the experience I had, you know every kid will have differnt experiences. The kids here are real! Not the ones that the only problem in there life is when the next season of some dramatic tv show will come out. These kids know about tough times, and it helps you out when you are in a tough time too. The pizza for lunch isn't the best around, but the fried chicken is AWESOME! I'm just thinking what to say about this place. It's a fun place to go, but as I said every kid will have a different experience. Just make sure you have some street smarts. :)

[My school is ...] My daughter is going to write something about how kids can have fun at this school. Parents, please do not be led into thinking there is anything acceptable about this school. The teachers ARE WONDERFUL but they have to spend 90% of their time managing the disrespectful kids in class. I substituted in the sbcsc many days but never encountered as many "scary" kids as I did in Clay. I am a huge fan of public school. I don't believe in sheltering my kids too much. HOWEVER if you're reading reviews for schools your child has the opportunity to attend you're already overqualified to send your children to Clay I. C. You won't be happy with the clientele this school services.

I think that there is only one teacher that is good Mr. Schmidt because he helped me pass the istep

my school is a 1 because there is mices here and the teachers poor addutide

Terrible school. Its like a sanctuary for drugs, violence, and disrespectful children. Kids get in fights and are "suspended" but you see them the very next day. NO disciplinary action whatsoever towards students, and disgustingly low academic standards. Sending your child here will be one of the worst deciscions of your life. After four LONG years, I am jumping with joy that I finally am a freshman and I am out of that school. Take my word, parents.

I have been told there is a new principal at Clay Middle and some very good 5th grade teachers. I would like to know if this principal is doing a better job than the previous one. This was once an excellent school. Why can't it be turned around?

Last modified Clay Intermediate Center is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.